Super Frankie Lampard

Derby blood

49 minutes ago, cannable said:

As it always was. I don’t get why the owner repeatedly contradicts himself or outright lies when it’s out there in writing. 

I should hope he’s already identifying Lampard’s successor 

He can't do that until Frank has nailed down the style.

Only then can we get someone in with the complete opposite philosophy.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Just one quick thing I've noticed, the presentation behind Frank is labelled "Derby Way: Build against lopsided press"

This is clearly being used to describe a style of play and being communicated to the players.

I think we can end the debate on whether "the Derby Way" is a football philosophy or not. It is.

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 12.35.33.png

1 hour ago, cannable said:

As it always was. I don’t get why the owner repeatedly contradicts himself or outright lies when it’s out there in writing. 

I should hope he’s already identifying Lampard’s successor 

23 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

To be fair, it probably jjust says Derby Way on the PowerPoint template.

Last season tthey Sat in PowerPoint ppresentation that said "Derby Way: kick it in the channels then get back in your own half"

Yeh, exactly that

I spend a lot of my time writing powerpoint presentations and we'll always have something like that anchoring the slides in the corner - I would imagine it's on every slide they every present about tactics/approach etc

It doesn't say "Derby Way = Build against lopsided press" or even "Derby Way: Build against lopsided press" - It's got a solid line between Way and Build - It's just slide design - You'll also notice DERBY WAY in capitals and the rest isn't

Also - Whoever put that slide together needs some training in presentation grammar - Lopsided Press needs capitals as it's the name of a style they're describing ?

On 02/09/2018 at 21:13, reveldevil said:

There are many impressive qualities that Frank has shown so far, but for me the most pleasing is the way he'll pick teams on merit.

It doesn't matter if you're one of his signings, a player overlooked previously or someone coming fresh from the academy, if you're fit and willing Frank will give you a chance.

Perform well and you'll keep your place, if someone else gets a chance due to circumstances and performs then you'll have to fight hard to get it back.

It's what every manager pledges, yet Frank seems to keep to the principle better than previous managers. I think it's impressive that he's put his own ego to one side, and made the incoming signings really work to get minutes in the majority of cases.

Classic post, reveldevil. 

Frank is set on winning the league this season. Why not? He simply believes in winning games because he has won so many already. We simply need Leeds and or Boro to stop scoring goals. Three goalless draws from Boro and us beating some average teams coming up and look where we would be. All 23 other teams are working on nullifying Leeds by stopping Sais and cutting out the feed. 

On 03/09/2018 at 12:47, LeedsCityRam said:

Liked what I've seen from him so far. The style of play is proactive & pleased he's trying to involve Academy prospects. He comes across as a humble & warm guy in interviews - albeit someone with a strong sense of direction. The mixture of polished front man & the more blunt Jody Morris is I imagine, a good foil in the dressing room. Also really like the way he's engaging with the fans - he comes across as genuine.

On the flip side, whilst results have been good (aside from Leeds) performances have been a bit scratchy & we've still got a way to go to be genuine top 6 contenders. The midfield still isn't as dominant as it could be & this will cause us problems against the better teams although accept injuries have dictated this to an extent. We've also been fortunate that we've played 3 teams who I fully expect to be bottom 6 this year (Hull, Ipswich & Reading).

Results will tail off & there will be bad spells - excitement in August/September is all well & good but its when we've just been beaten 0-1 at home by Brentford on a filthy Tuesday night that he & the team will need our support. He's a rookie manager with only 6 league games under his belt - mistakes will be made but I'm increasingly confident he'll be sharp enough to learn from them.

Such a good analysis...I could have written it. ?

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

I'm not sure if this has been posted on a different thread, but this a suitable place for it. I want FL to succeed here so badly because I actually think I love him.

Love this, I too have been told a very similar story ref a favour he did for the partner of a client of mine recently. The guy is a class act, a true gent. 

Lampard deserves credit for tweaking the system to make us more direct as we were struggling so badly at playing through the thirds and controlling games. 

He’s tweaked the system to fit the players rather than introduced the players to fit the system. 

Good management.

?

3 hours ago, Gisby said:

Love this, I too have been told a very similar story ref a favour he did for the partner of a client of mine recently. The guy is a class act, a true gent. 

This is how rumours start. ? Reading that quickly I thought you were saying summat about Lampard doing a ref a favour.

It should say "... similar story re. a favour he did for the partner of a client of mine..."политика-grammar-nazi-1696398.png

11 hours ago, angieram said:

Unnecessary Capitals Are the Enemy of Easy Reading!

Agreed. Why the hell do we need London when Chelmsford was perfectly adequate less than 2000 years ago?

3 hours ago, cannable said:

Lampard deserves credit for tweaking the system to make us more direct as we were struggling so badly at playing through the thirds and controlling games. 

He’s tweaked the system to fit the players rather than introduced the players to fit the system. 

Good management.

Despite brining in 9 new players and getting rid of a similar amount? ?

12 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Despite brining in 9 new players and getting rid of a similar amount? ?

Up until half time against Ipswich we were trying to play it out from the back and through the thirds without the players to do so. 

So he’s made us more direct. 

I think he should he recalled George and Butters and signed a couple of players he didn’t need to but the post was praising his tactics and management. The change of tactics has made my former opinion redundant anyway but for a personal aesthetic point of view.

1 hour ago, cannable said:

Up until half time against Ipswich we were trying to play it out from the back and through the thirds without the players to do so. 

So he’s made us more direct. 

I think he should he recalled George and Butters and signed a couple of players he didn’t need to but the post was praising his tactics and management. The change of tactics has made my former opinion redundant anyway but for a personal aesthetic point of view.

I re-read your post I think I get what you’re on about now. 

8 hours ago, Grimbeard said:

?

This is how rumours start. ? Reading that quickly I thought you were saying summat about Lampard doing a ref a favour.

It should say "... similar story re. a favour he did for the partner of a client of mine..."политика-grammar-nazi-1696398.png

Ha Ha just read my post back and can see why you mean .... should l be worried ? ....... err just a minute the wife’s calling .....  Oh Frank’s lawyers are on the phone ?

Archived