Butterfield

Philmycock

55 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I know that in exactly the same way you claim to know about what offers were on the table for Butterfield ie I don't 

Teams dice with death a bit as the deadline approaches, I would imagine in the hope of getting a better deal, sometimes that can be costly as we found out last season.

I didn't say I disbelieved all of those things - you're doing what the OP of the 'info' did, making up your own interpretation. That was the point. I state again some Derby players have managed to get loan deals and others haven't - you believe whatever reason you like for that. 

The end result is we still have Butterfield and he isn't playing. As for last season, you'd think the Club and the player might have learnt from that. Or not.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Arch Deacon said:

How is it opinion dressed up as fact? I'm offering information that's come to me from good sources at both clubs involved. Purely to help clear up the speculation and the subsequent unfair accusation from some that the player is perhaps happy to stay put and see out his contract in the shadows. I just happen to know that the player and DCFC have done all in their power to secure a loan deal, but it didn't happen. I think your problem is that it doesn't suit your constant criticising to think that just maybe Butterfield's actually a decent bloke and good professional.

Your not Owen Archdeacon by any chance who use to play for Celtic and Barnsley? If so I’m a big fan. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I didn't say I disbelieved all of those things - you're doing what the OP of the 'info' did, making up your own interpretation. That was the point. I state again some Derby players have managed to get loan deals and others haven't - you believe whatever reason you like for that. 

The end result is we still have Butterfield and he isn't playing. As for last season, you'd think the Club and the player might have learnt from that. Or not.

I'm making my own interpretation of the info that a deal was signed but paperwork not submitted in time?

44 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm making my own interpretation of the info that a deal was signed but paperwork not submitted in time?

No, of the reason it couldn't be done sooner like others were. Their fault, our fault no-ones fault, whatever. 

Why hasn't this info been released I wonder?

33 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

No, of the reason it couldn't be done sooner like others were. Their fault, our fault no-ones fault, whatever. 

Why hasn't this info been released I wonder?

My guess would be cos it went to appeal last Thursday. 

I'm sure there are minutes of these FA appeal hearings that become public eventually. As I understand it wasn't the only one. Deals that miss the deadline are hardly unheard of.

4 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

it was open a long time though wasn't it?

Yeah long enough for him to move but no matter how long it’s open these things usually go down to the last day due to players/Club’s being stubborn with what they’re offering. 

I don’t know who mentioned it previously, but I can’t help but make the same point. For the stick he gets, you’d assume Butters was absolutely useless for us, that he made error after error, never contributed, was notoriously unprofessional or in trouble with authorities etc. But he was, by and large, okay for us. Easily our best midfielder the first season he arrived, it’s only now (with Mount) that we’ve found another goal scoring midfielder. He’s still got more goals and assists since he arrived than Bryson in that period. Better pass percentage too. But because he doesn’t run around like a dog chasing a ball, because he doesn’t use social media, because he doesn’t smile or shout, he’s continually criticised. Even now when he’s not even allowed to train with the first team and has no chance (like GT) of ever playing under FL. We get threads like this accusing him of stealing a wage. 

Carl Sagan is a reliable poster, and his sources regards the failed loan move on deadline look to have been backed up by another poster who clearly has connections to post the detail he has. So now we know, no thanks to local journos or our own club media who have given us nothing in terms of info about the likes of GT and JB. I find it quite telling that neither player gets any media coverage, be that reference to previous goals they scored or even a happy birthday message that keep getting dished out to all and sundry with a Rams connection on instagram. 

Ive made no secret of my liking Butterfield. I’m in a small club on that score. But I’m entitled to my opinion. I base mine however on facts and what I see. And I’ve seen a cracking footballer who slowly went backwards (arf arf). But I can’t believe the hammer he’s received for seemingly doing little to warrant it. The boos for him in pre season was one of the most embarrassing moments in my 46 years on this planet. 

Why wouldn’t he want to get out? 

If he or family do read this place then I say congratulations to them on their recent arrival. 

Bring on the weekend so we can get back to slating the players who actually get a game. ?

12 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

I don’t know who mentioned it previously, but I can’t help but make the same point. For the stick he gets, you’d assume Butters was absolutely useless for us, that he made error after error, never contributed, was notoriously unprofessional or in trouble with authorities etc. But he was, by and large, okay for us. Easily our best midfielder the first season he arrived, it’s only now (with Mount) that we’ve found another goal scoring midfielder. He’s still got more goals and assists since he arrived than Bryson in that period. Better pass percentage too. But because he doesn’t run around like a dog chasing a ball, because he doesn’t use social media, because he doesn’t smile or shout, he’s continually criticised. Even now when he’s not even allowed to train with the first team and has no chance (like GT) of ever playing under FL. We get threads like this accusing him of stealing a wage. 

Carl Sagan is a reliable poster, and his sources regards the failed loan move on deadline look to have been backed up by another poster who clearly has connections to post the detail he has. So now we know, no thanks to local journos or our own club media who have given us nothing in terms of info about the likes of GT and JB. I find it quite telling that neither player gets any media coverage, be that reference to previous goals they scored or even a happy birthday message that keep getting dished out to all and sundry with a Rams connection on instagram. 

Ive made no secret of my liking Butterfield. I’m in a small club on that score. But I’m entitled to my opinion. I base mine however on facts and what I see. And I’ve seen a cracking footballer who slowly went backwards (arf arf). But I can’t believe the hammer he’s received for seemingly doing little to warrant it. The boos for him in pre season was one of the most embarrassing moments in my 46 years on this planet. 

If he or family do read this place then I say congratulations to them on their recent arrival. 

Bring on the weekend so we can get back to slating the players who actually get a game. ?

Bloody well said! And despite his treatment by fans and to some degree the club for it’s constant management changes and turmoil, I know for a fact he holds the club and it’s fans in high regard.  My understanding is that ideally he’d feature in FL’s plans and he’d willingly fight for his place from the bench, but having been bombed out along with GT, did all he could to get a loan deal but frustratingly missed out by all of 2 minutes. What a waste of a solid pro!

On 09/09/2018 at 09:11, The Arch Deacon said:

and for God’s sake smile you miserable b****rd because apparently being of a cheerful disposition is more important then your playing ability, at least according to some of our “fans”.  

Aye, some folk are a bit odd in this respect. Remember the stick Pembridge used to get because he didn't caper about like a jester on speed when we scored?

17 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Love this.

I still cannot get over the fact that fans were booing him in his appearance against county in pre season.

Best for him and the club if we move him on now, the fans here are toxic due to things that he had said when he left on loan to Sheff Wednesday. I for one can admit that we interpreted what he said incorrectly.

There is definitely a decent player in there, hopefully he can get cracking in the right system for a decent manager. 

1 hour ago, Mr Giggles said:

I still cannot get over the fact that fans were booing him in his appearance against county in pre season.

Best for him and the club if we move him on now, the fans here are toxic due to things that he had said when he left on loan to Sheff Wednesday. I for one can admit that we interpreted what he said incorrectly.

There is definitely a decent player in there, hopefully he can get cracking in the right system for a decent manager. 

Personally I always thought that what he had been reported as saying was both accurate and inoffensive to dcfc so completely failed to understand the vitriol aimed at him.

that said, don’t think he was performing too well at the start of the season so don’t think that the team missed him.

59 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Personally I always thought that what he had been reported as saying was both accurate and inoffensive to dcfc so completely failed to understand the vitriol aimed at him.

that said, don’t think he was performing too well at the start of the season so don’t think that the team missed him.

I don't think many would even know about it if the ? hadn't bought it up soon after.

The weird thing is we all know what he said now and folk are still whining about it. I was angry at the time as I read somewhere that he'd dissed other DCFC players (wasn't fussed about his comments on the style of football for obvious reasons) but that turned out to be steaming hot garbage too. Time for folk to move on now. I think his time is probably up at Derby anyway so the continual sledging just makes us look a tad petty and embittered. We hired him, gave him a contract and it didn't work out for either party. That's about the sum of it and nothing more really. It happens! 

15 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

Away fans = horseholes

14 hours ago, HantsRam said:

some fans tend to believe terrace talk without checking it particularly if it reinforces an existing hatred of a player.  Never understood it myself.  I guess most of them can't read and write, not sure I can think of anther viable reason

Archived