Butterfield

Philmycock

He has been here nearly four years come the end of his contract and he has basically had one ok season as a replacement for the injured hughes - we would have been a heck of a lot better off if we had signed a loan to cover the injured hughes 

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/09/2018 at 07:06, David said:

I think it’s easy to sit here as fans and say why didn’t you bugger off, you know you’re not wanted and won’t get a game, oh it’s the money, happy to just collect your pay cheque.

But do we know what offers he had on the table to leave?

Maybe there wasn’t anything concrete for him to take, that is a possibility, as is offers being on the table which meant moving to an area he wasn’t comfortable with.

They are people with family and friends which have to be taken into consideration. 

Of course you could be right and it’s a case of the money is better here and I can collect that without playing, see my contract out and take my chances as a free agent in the summer if nobody wants me in January, but I don’t think it’s fair to jump to the worst possible conclusion without having the facts to hand. 

Said it before, I would hate to be up in court with you lot in the jury, I would be guilty before being questioned!

Regardless of our thoughts on his past performances or comments made after joining Sheffield Wednesday, he is a Derby player still that could be called upon if needed.

Time to clean the slate, hope he gets his head down in training and puts in performances when called upon be it with the U23s or first team.

Booing him on the pitch and e-pitchforking him would not motivate any player to perform.

Very well said David. I don't understand the vitriol displayed by some supporters. 

43 minutes ago, cannable said:

It’s been fairly well established on here that a move to Hull missed the deadline 

Lol. That's it then? FFS he's just what we need but no-one else bar Hull is interested. Having watched Hull tonight, until Martin subbed, then Butterfield wouldn't have looked out of place in a lethargic, poor midfield.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. That's it then? FFS he's just what we need but no-one else bar Hull is interested. Having watched Hull tonight, until Martin subbed, then Butterfield wouldn't have looked out of place in a lethargic, poor midfield.

Nobody wanted Martin, bar League One Swindon, before we signed him 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

The irony in Martins biggest fan boy posting this ?

That's why the crap about Butterfield is just pie in the sky, he's never done anything, yet you throw Martin in with him - 3 seasons of great goalscoring and setting up for Derby. Oh and half a one for Fulham ?

So Butterfield, what's he done? ?

42 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

That's why the crap about Butterfield is just pie in the sky, he's never done anything, yet you throw Martin in with him - 3 seasons of great goalscoring and setting up for Derby. Oh and half a one for Fulham ?

OMG 

12 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nobody's saying just what we need FFS! Certainly not me! Just better than we've got. You have an amazing habit of twisting poster sentiment as a thread debate develops! You're going wildly off topic again, simply down to your dislike of this particular player. He is after-all a Derby player. If you don't want to support the fella fine, but at least take your foot off his neck!

And where do you get your info on interested clubs. My understanding is that interest came in from several clubs, but only Hull's offer was tabled (albeit too late in the day). Presumably because Hull's was the only wage contribution offer acceptable to DCFC.

3 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Nobody's saying just what we need FFS! Certainly not me! Just better than we've got. You have an amazing habit of twisting poster sentiment as a thread debate develops! You're going wildly off topic again, simply down to your dislike of this particular player. He is after-all a Derby player. If you don't want to support the fella fine, but at least take your foot off his neck!

And where do you get your info on interested clubs. My understanding is that interest came in from several clubs, but only Hull's offer was tabled (albeit too late in the day). Presumably because Hull's was the only wage contribution offer acceptable to DCFC.

Seem to remember Mel saying at last forum that clubs can forget getting our players on loan on the cheap. 

Catch 22 for some. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

But only Hull were interested in Martin...

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you know that?

Again what has Butterfield done?

Well if only Hull were in for Butterfield then using the same logic surely only Hull were in for Martin?

What has Butterfield done? Very little other than being played in a position that didn't seem to suit him.

He was probably one of the better players during Clements reign.

What has Martin done in recent times? Just a very quick look on the Internet, so could be wrong, but seems to indicate 14 goals in his last 89 appearances.

Butterfield may have had a number of clubs interested in him but were either a) Not right for his family or b) Offers were not acceptable to the club.

Martin may have had the same, if not more, or possibly less.

Martin getting his deal done and Butterfield not proves very little. Butterfield may only still be at the club down to paperwork, agents or other factors which are no fault of his own. 

Really getting down to the dregs of a debate on a player when it comes down to how many clubs were in for them, as fans we are never privy to what goes on behind the scenes with regards to transfers.

As the Malone deal shows, not everything makes it to the media.

31 minutes ago, David said:

Butterfield may have had a number of clubs interested in him but were either a) Not right for his family or b) Offers were not acceptable to the club.

Martin may have had the same, if not more, or possibly less.

Martin getting his deal done and Butterfield not proves very little. Butterfield may only still be at the club down to paperwork, agents or other factors which are no fault of his own. 

Really getting down to the dregs of a debate on a player when it comes down to how many clubs were in for them, as fans we are never privy to what goes on behind the scenes with regards to transfers.

As the Malone deal shows, not everything makes it to the media.

This

Plus, allow me, for the haters benefit, bring it back to the 2 questions posed by the OP

1 - Bleeding us dry - Ans: Evidently NO!

2 - Trying to get a game - Clearly YES!

I'll save Roy Mac the trouble of responding

1 - Yes

2 - Couldn't give a toss! 

16 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

This

Plus, allow me, for the haters benefit, bring it back to the 2 questions posed by the OP

1 - Bleeding us dry - Ans: Evidently NO!

2 - Trying to get a game - Clearly YES!

I'll save Roy Mac the trouble of responding

1 - Yes

2 - Couldn't give a toss! 

Who hates Butterfield? Not me. That's where fanboys like you get it so wrong. I don't give a toss for Butterfield. He's over-rated and a total waste of a Derby shirt - someone else could be wearing it. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Who hates Butterfield? Not me. That's where fanboys like you get it so wrong. I don't give a toss for Butterfield. He's over-rated and a total waste of a Derby shirt - someone else could be wearing it. 

Lost the plot again have we Roy. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

What has Martin done in recent times? Just a very quick look on the Internet, so could be wrong, but seems to indicate 14 goals in his last 89 appearances.

See this is about Butterfield - why should Martin get dragged into it? What has Butterfield done to earn a place in the squad? Nothing.

Archived