Butterfield

Philmycock

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

You may want to look up the rules regarding the signing of free agents

You could have saved me looking it up, for everyone else, the player needs to be released from his contract before the end of the transfer window. 

I stand corrected. 

11 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yep.

He's still a naff player for us though. ?

You’re welcome as always to your opinion Roy! ?Good work!

Thing is the thread’s about whether he’s “bleeding us dry”, not whether he’s any good or not!

Any view on that all things considered? Or is it a case of “never let actual facts and the reality of a situation get in the way of giving a player you don’t like a good kicking and character assassination”!  ?

24 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Thing is the thread’s about whether he’s “bleeding us dry”, not whether he’s any good or not!

Any view on that all things considered? Or is it a case of “never let actual facts and the reality of a situation get in the way of giving a player you don’t like a good kicking and character assassination”!  ?

Talk about double standards Roy cant comment yet you can infer Butterfields bleeding us dry.The Simple answer is NO.

8 hours ago, The Arch Deacon said:

My opinion is if anyone had wanted him and he wanted to play he'd be gone - see lots of other players from Derby going on loan. He only wanted to go to Hull or only Hull wanted him? Says enough.

Thanks for allowing me my opinion btw, glad you're so thoughtful.

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

My opinion is if anyone had wanted him and he wanted to play he'd be gone - see lots of other players from Derby going on loan. He only wanted to go to Hull or only Hull wanted him? Says enough.

Thanks for allowing me my opinion btw, glad you're so thoughtful.

Doesn't say much for Chris Martin either then that he only got the same offer as Butterfield surely?

8 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Talk about double standards Roy cant comment yet you can infer Butterfields bleeding us dry.The Simple answer is NO.

Where did I say that Tommy?

I have suggested that it seems his wish to play football isn't as great as some other players, both here and out on loan. 

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 23:41, philmycock said:

Bleeding us dry for "Money for Nothing" or trying to get a game???

It has to be one or the other then @The Arch Deacon? My view is somewhere in the middle of the two. 

What I can say is that I have “connections who have connections” close to the player, within DCFC and also at one or two other clubs including Hull.

You are passing on your opinion on what did/didn't happen dressed up as fact. 

44 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Yes he's still a Derby player because Hull were the only team that wanted him and would only take him on loan obviously.

How do you know that. 

So he managed poor, expensive player that he is to get a loan club, but Butterfield didn't. 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

It has to be one or the other then @The Arch Deacon? My view is somewhere in the middle of the two. 

You are passing on your opinion on what did/didn't happen dressed up as fact. 

How is it opinion dressed up as fact? I'm offering information that's come to me from good sources at both clubs involved. Purely to help clear up the speculation and the subsequent unfair accusation from some that the player is perhaps happy to stay put and see out his contract in the shadows. I just happen to know that the player and DCFC have done all in their power to secure a loan deal, but it didn't happen. I think your problem is that it doesn't suit your constant criticising to think that just maybe Butterfield's actually a decent bloke and good professional.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you know that. 

So he managed poor, expensive player that he is to get a loan club, but Butterfield didn't. 

I know that in exactly the same way you claim to know about what offers were on the table for Butterfield ie I don't 

A poster that appears to have information, which would be pretty bizarre to make up, has stated that there was interest from a handful of clubs for Butterfield, you have obviously chosen not to believe this.

He/she has also stated that the deal was agreed and paperwork signed but this was submitted too late to the league, once again it appears that you do not believe this.

It would also appear that Butterfield was in hospital for the birth if his child in the lead up to deadline day, do you not think this may have been a factor?

Just because the deal did not get over the line it does not mean there was no interest or that Butterfield is happy to sit here 'bleeding the club dry'.

Teams dice with death a bit as the deadline approaches, I would imagine in the hope of getting a better deal, sometimes that can be costly as we found out last season.

Archived