Butterfield

Philmycock

Difficult to continue reading this thread without divulging what I KNOW as opposed to speculating. Having said that, it’s good to see the majority being quite supportive of a Derby player in the absence of FACTS, and without knowing the first thing about the lad, which doesn’t stop those that seem to want lambast his character, let alone his playing ability, frickin’ incredible! 

Let me start by saying, I’m not the player, I’m not related to the player, I’m not his agent nor a colleague, and I’m not speaking on his behalf or with his prior knowledge or permission, and no doubt he would probably I kept my gob shut rather than wading into the debate, but bolleaux to it! 

What I can say is that I have “connections who have connections” close to the player, within DCFC and also at one or two other clubs including Hull.

Let me continue by giving you my understanding of some recent events that hopefully lay to rest the accusation that Butterfield is “only in it for the money” and somehow lacking ambition and self pride. The truth is the polar opposite.

During the summer transfer windows, interest from a handful of clubs came in for JB. I’m assuming that FL had already cleared it for the player to talk to interested clubs if he wished to. Nothing concrete developed before the deadline so attention turned to the loan window.  More interest, vague talks in principal etc. Etc. and two or three clubs emerged as the front runners, Hull being one of them. It’s worth bearing in mind by the way that, according to contacts and social media, JB became a proud father only 2 days before loan deadline day and I’m told they didn’t leave the hospital til well into the deadline day itself, so I suspect that he had more than just football on his mind!!! (I’m also told all are doing well btw, just in case any of you actually give a poo about one of your own!) I’m also pretty sure that this would have had a heavy bearing on where he would have preferred to go, although from what I know of him, regular football and his career development are key to him, and NO club would have been ruled out for his own good, the good of DCFC, and the good of his new employers. In any event HULL became the club that wanted him.

As is common with transfer deals everything became last minute. I understand Hull we’re also looking at a player from Boro to add to the CM and Elphick deals done earlier in the day. However, as it unfolded, their attention turned to JB. Terms were agreed at the death with DCFC, everything was in place......but! I’m told the paperwork landed with his agent seconds before 5pm. By the time they were signed and returned it was literally 2 minutes AFTER deadline. 

I’m also told that both Hull and the player’s agent appealed to the FL, and that a hearing held last Thursday returned the inevitable “the deadline is the deadline” decision. I’m also told that all parties concerned did everything possible to “get this deal done”as they say, but as is often the case, it was simply left too late. DCFC, I’m told, were particularly accommodating with the player to facilitate the transfer, but matters were out of their control.

So what now for JB. I’m guessing it’s a case of get your head down fella!, train harder than ever, treat every game in the u23’s like it’s a cup final, and for God’s sake smile you miserable b****rd because apparently being of a cheerful disposition is more important then your playing ability, at least according to some of our “fans”. 

A message to JB on a personal note: I know what you’re capable of kid. Watched your season 14/15 highlights from your player of the season year at Huddersfield again recently and mate, honestly, sometimes it’s like watching Modric or Iniesta. Just need the right manager playing you in the right position (deep lying midfielder for me btw!) Particularly frustrating because I know FL’s possession based style is right up your street. Ironic and sad that the best exponents of this new style are yourself and GT, but both of you are getting overlooked! Let’s hope that now the distractions of the transfer windows have gone things might change.

Tomorrow’s a new day, so new start! Graft hard, believe in yourself, and give Frank some selection problems! Let’s see what happens or what January brings. 

Keep smiling?

Onwards and Upwards!

COYR

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Difficult to continue reading this thread without divulging what I KNOW as opposed to speculating. Having said that, it’s good to see the majority being quite supportive of a Derby player in the absence of FACTS, and without knowing the first thing about the lad, which doesn’t stop those that seem to want lambast his character, let alone his playing ability, frickin’ incredible! 

Let me start by saying, I’m not the player, I’m not related to the player, I’m not his agent nor a colleague, and I’m not speaking on his behalf or with his prior knowledge or permission, and no doubt he would probably I kept my gob shut rather than wading into the debate, but bolleaux to it! 

What I can say is that I have “connections who have connections” close to the player, within DCFC and also at one or two other clubs including Hull.

Let me continue by giving you my understanding of some recent events that hopefully lay to rest the accusation that Butterfield is “only in it for the money” and somehow lacking ambition and self pride. The truth is the polar opposite.

During the summer transfer windows, interest from a handful of clubs came in for JB. I’m assuming that FL had already cleared it for the player to talk to interested clubs if he wished to. Nothing concrete developed before the deadline so attention turned to the loan window.  More interest, vague talks in principal etc. Etc. and two or three clubs emerged as the front runners, Hull being one of them. It’s worth bearing in mind by the way that, according to contacts and social media, JB became a proud father only 2 days before loan deadline day and I’m told they didn’t leave the hospital til well into the deadline day itself, so I suspect that he had more than just football on his mind!!! (I’m also told all are doing well btw, just in case any of you actually give a poo about one of your own!) I’m also pretty sure that this would have had a heavy bearing on where he would have preferred to go, although from what I know of him, regular football and his career development are key to him, and NO club would have been ruled out for his own good, the good of DCFC, and the good of his new employers. In any event HULL became the club that wanted him.

As is common with transfer deals everything became last minute. I understand Hull we’re also looking at a player from Boro to add to the CM and Elphick deals done earlier in the day. However, as it unfolded, their attention turned to JB. Terms were agreed at the death with DCFC, everything was in place......but! I’m told the paperwork landed with his agent seconds before 5pm. By the time they were signed and returned it was literally 2 minutes AFTER deadline. 

I’m also told that both Hull and the player’s agent appealed to the FL, and that a hearing held last Thursday returned the inevitable “the deadline is the deadline” decision. I’m also told that all parties concerned did everything possible to “get this deal done”as they say, but as is often the case, it was simply left too late. DCFC, I’m told, were particularly accommodating with the player to facilitate the transfer, but matters were out of their control.

So what now for JB. I’m guessing it’s a case of get your head down fella!, train harder than ever, treat every game in the u23’s like it’s a cup final, and for God’s sake smile you miserable b****rd because apparently being of a cheerful disposition is more important then your playing ability, at least according to some of our “fans”. 

A message to JB on a personal note: I know what you’re capable of kid. Watched your season 14/15 highlights from your player of the season year at Huddersfield again recently and mate, honestly, sometimes it’s like watching Modric or Iniesta. Just need the right manager playing you in the right position (deep lying midfielder for me btw!) Particularly frustrating because I know FL’s possession based style is right up your street. Ironic and sad that the best exponents of this new style are yourself and GT, but both of you are getting overlooked! Let’s hope that now the distractions of the transfer windows have gone things might change.

Tomorrow’s a new day, so new start! Graft hard, believe in yourself, and give Frank some selection problems! Let’s see what happens or what January brings. 

Keep smiling?

Onwards and Upwards!

COYR

I hope he turns his Derby career around, always have thought he has a great opportunity here (just needs the right system) IMHO. 

A message to JB...

I would just like to say a BIG Congratulations to you and the Mrs on the birth of your Son/Daughter by the way.

&

Now go and prove the negative supporters wrong, it’s up to you and only you. 

4 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I hope he turns his Derby career around, always have thought he has a great opportunity here (just needs the right system) IMHO. 

A message to JB...

I would just like to say a BIG Congratulations to you and the Mrs on the birth of your Son/Daughter by the way.

&

Now go and prove the negative supporters wrong, it’s up to you and only you. 

A son, and a cute one at that! So I’m told?

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

best exponents of this new style are yourself and GT, but both of you are getting overlooked! 

I think I will still side with Frank's opinion on team selection rather than yours. Let's stop going on about how good players WERE 3 or 4 yrs ago (JB , GT and CM etc) They all have had a clean slate start since FL arrived yet none can even make a squad for even cup games. As you say it's up to them to prove people wrong , get in the team and justify their huge wages otherwise they will continue to be viewed as they are by many 'fans'.

I'll put the kettle on !!

On 01/09/2018 at 23:07, Carl Sagan said:

Hearing there was a deal in place on the last day of the window for Butterfield. And he was there at the club willing to go. But either it was a case of the Kieftenbelds and the paperwork missed the deadline or Derby pulled it at the very last minute for some reason. Not sure which. 

Sounds bad either way.

@The Arch Deacon - your post completely agrees with this earlier post from Carl Sagan.

I wish other people would read the full threads before jumping in with the wild speculation.

Thank you for adding to the facts.

Whatever happens, I wish Butterfield and his family well.

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

@The Arch Deacon - your post completely agrees with this earlier post from Carl Sagan.

I wish other people would read the full threads before jumping in with the wild speculation.

Thank you for adding to the facts.

Whatever happens, I wish Butterfield and his family well.

Clearly, the Jacob Butterfield we signed is not the one here now, therefore I put it to you that the 'real' one has been abducted by aliens from Rigel 7 and a genetically-engineered life form left in his place.

Look to the skies, sheeple.

26 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Because the window is shut? 

Thanks for clearing that one up with seaside! I was re-reading his post for 47th time cos I couldn’t get my head round it. Maybe he thought that if you miss the deadline you can can ring the FA and say “ok, I’ll just take the short term option and come back on Jan”?

Hmm not his greatest fan but would always give him support when he plays .However and this would apply to everyone having a child is a great time of your life but if mother and child are well then a couple of hours out to sort your future [and your new family]is more important .

I certainly didn't have a lot of time with work commitments when my two daughters were born you just got  on with it ,as with most things now days in a nanny state mindset things get put to one side for personal reasons .

This assumes of course that the birth caused the transfer to through if not then I've just typed a load of balls .

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

Hmm not his greatest fan but would always give him support when he plays .However and this would apply to everyone having a child is a great time of your life but if mother and child are well then a couple of hours out to sort your future [and your new family]is more important .

I certainly didn't have a lot of time with work commitments when my two daughters were born you just got  on with it ,as with most things now days in a nanny state mindset things get put to one side for personal reasons .

This assumes of course that the birth caused the transfer to through if not then I've just typed a load of balls .

And balls it is Kev. The deal missed the deadline because Hull submitted the papers too late, nothing more, nothing less. The player and his agent were ready and willing. Just one of those things I guess. 

8 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

And balls it is Kev. The deal missed the deadline because Hull submitted the papers too late, nothing more, nothing less. The player and his agent were ready and willing. Just one of those things I guess. 

If the loan was for the full season and to effectively finish his Derby contract there, surely the club and player could come to some agreement and cancel his contract and allow him to be a free agent and be able to sign for another club. 

I think he would be better suited to our type of play now, but I fear that the way various comments have been translated, it'll be difficult for him to win back all the fans. 

As I've said before, he must look at what's happened to Huddersfield and think 'why did I move?'

52 minutes ago, ram59 said:

If the loan was for the full season and to effectively finish his Derby contract there, surely the club and player could come to some agreement and cancel his contract and allow him to be a free agent and be able to sign for another club. 

I think he would be better suited to our type of play now, but I fear that the way various comments have been translated, it'll be difficult for him to win back all the fans. 

As I've said before, he must look at what's happened to Huddersfield and think 'why did I move?'

I’m guessing it would have cost us more to release him before the window shut (especially in terms of FFP), than it will for his contract to end and leave on a free next summer

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

Yeah , every Friday as another tens of thousands of pounds roll into his bank account !! Poor lad , and he did want to leave and play elsewhere for less money , honest ,!!!! 

22 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I’m guessing it would have cost us more to release him before the window shut (especially in terms of FFP), than it will for his contract to end and leave on a free next summer

What I'm trying to say is, if the club paid him half his remaining contract and he signed tomorrow for hull, then all parties would be better off than the current situation of running down his contract. 

Archived