Carabao Cup Third Round Draw - Man Utd (A) 25/9, 8pm Live on Sky Sports

Kernow

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Archied said:

I’ve got a feeling that our frank unlike recent previous mangers in this type of tie ( Mac 1 included ) will set up to have a real go at them

I was thinking the same. Not since Nigel, yes non-League hold out for a 1-0 defeat Nigel Clough, have we actually tried to win one of these games. Mac spent more time trying to suck up to the opposition manager than actually trying to beat them. Clement got angry because Thorne got far enough forward to score a goal. I still don't know what Pearson was trying to do. As for Rowett, we all know his tactics for a team like Burton so against Man U...... Hopefully we will at least turn up for this one and whatever the result st least be proud of the approach.

25 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'm sorry I'm not kidding. They'll old man us out of the competition, probably through a Fellani header midway through the 2nd half and charge us a fortune for the privilege.

Frank will probably feel the need to reward regulars with an appearance, so negating one of the few reasons this competition makes sense, to bring upto speed those who've been missing out in the league, I honestly feel any other draw possible would have been better than this.

You miserable sod. 

I agree 100% though. 

20 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Ha is that based on my profile pic? I do like Chrissy and think he is and can be a good player still, but he’s my pic because my family think I look like him. I don’t hate Rowett because he didn’t play him.

So you spend a lot of time on  the floor, do you?

I'm going to stick up for Rowett for once and say when we played them under him I felt we had a good game and our tactics were suited for the occasion. 

We broke on them a few times and Lawrence had defenders isolated on counter attacks more than once. 

We wasted opportunities but we kept breaking on them. 

I much prefer Derby to be a footballing side and try to play any other side outside the top 6 or 7 in the country off the park. But when you try to be brave and creative against the top PL sides they tend to see you off.

Fortunately nobody should ever expect to beat them so it doesn't really matter in the end anyway. Any positive result is a great surprise

Well I have seen us beat Man U three times at old Trafford - great days out and very beatable 

what hidious price will the hideously foreign owners charge for the lowest level game there this season 

in recent seasons against Man U Liverpool and Chelsea I don’t genuinely believe we never attempted to win the games with even us playing weakened teams - I just want to go at them and stuff em.

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, Topram said:

Least this time we will go to win and not sit back like last year! How many can they give us for this game?

I thought we played well last time.

Just now, coneheadjohn said:

Let it go mate...let it go,he’s gone,everything’s going to be ok.

Oh no ............. we're not letting it go until we've thrashed the snakes twice this season. I shudder to think what reception he'll get at Pride Park!!!!!!

Archived