Carabao Cup Third Round Draw - Man Utd (A) 25/9, 8pm Live on Sky Sports

Kernow

57 minutes ago, Doodle said:

??? Where did Barca enter the conversation? That’s like saying Man City or Cardiff will win the Premier League this season. I will offer you a friendly £100 bet, that Juve won’t win the champions league. Happy for it to be for charity 

I'm not so sure they are going to win it that I'd bet £100 on it  as there are a lot of teams who could win it like Liverpool, City, PSG and others but I can't believe you are so sure that a team who were semi finalists last season can sign Ronaldo and then not be contenders. That's the last I'll say about Juve before this thread gets completely derailed and these comments get moved into the football talk section.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The only way United are bigger than the two Spanish gaints is if you do it by some dumb category like number of Premier League titles.

Madrid and Barca can prize away any player in the world. United can't. Surely that defines how they're bigger. And then you can move on to overall reputation, worldwide fanbase, historic players and European success.

Man United might be having a bad run at this exact moment but they are absolutely miles bigger than both Madrid and Barcelona...always have been, always will be. I know you are never going to agree, but you are wrong. 

This is a win win draw for Derby. Even if we lose the tie, the coverage and publicity,,presumably tv rights are all positives for the club .Expectation for us to win will be minimal so exiting the cup against Utd will not be detrimental should we lose.Just hope we make a game of it but would be great to take moaning mourinio scalp and tap him up for a few loanees  in the process?

17 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

None of the world superstars grow up wanting to play for Man Utd.

They all want to play for Real Madrid or Barcelona, because they’re the biggest clubs on the planet.

I totally disagree.....without googling it you couldn’t name 10 players that played for Real Madrid in the 60’s, 70’s or 80’s..you could name 50 United players 

On 30/08/2018 at 14:41, SaintRam said:

Man Utd (A) - EFL Cup - 2018/19
Man Utd (A) - FA Cup - 2017/18
Liverpool (H) - FA Cup - 2016/17
Man Utd (H) - FA Cup - 2015/16
Chelsea (H) - League Cup - 2014/15
Chelsea (H) - FA Cup - 2013/14

Utd or Chelsea in 5 of the last 6 seasons, with Liverpool in the other one ?

Why did you bother putting Liverpool in there who havent won the league in almost 30 years and miss out when we played Leicester in the Cup, who were Champions of England at the time..??

30 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I totally disagree.....without googling it you couldn’t name 10 players that played for Real Madrid in the 60’s, 70’s or 80’s..you could name 50 United players 

Just to weigh in, in South America I was completely surprised by the total ambivalence towards English football.

Colombia stopped for the Classico, some shops even closed for the day. Barely saw a United shirt out there.

Never been to Asia so can’t vouch for what it’s like there.

As for both sides of this debate claiming one of either Barca/Real to be ‘miles bigger’ than the other, or vice versa, well hyperbole like that is ridiculous. 

All three clubs are ducking massive. Any difference between them is small.

31 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Why did you bother putting Liverpool in there who havent won the league in almost 30 years and miss out when we played Leicester in the Cup, who were Champions of England at the time..??

Specifically to annoy you.

37 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Just to weigh in, in South America I was completely surprised by the total ambivalence towards English football.

Colombia stopped for the Classico, some shops even closed for the day. Barely saw a United shirt out there.

Never been to Asia so can’t vouch for what it’s like there.

As for both sides of this debate claiming one of either Barca/Real to be ‘miles bigger’ than the other, or vice versa, well hyperbole like that is ridiculous. 

All three clubs are ducking massive. Any difference between them is small.

No one had ever heard of “el Classico” in Europe up until Sky started spouting it about...

On 31/08/2018 at 19:16, Woodley Ram said:

I thought it was about money, the size of your financial pot although my wife says size isn’t every thing....,not sure what she means by that 

Depends, if she's trying to make you feel better or telling you you're rubbish at that thing we can't talk about ?

Archived