Carabao Cup Third Round Draw - Man Utd (A) 25/9, 8pm Live on Sky Sports

Kernow

OK. We (Chelsea) did you a big favour training the excellent Frankie. Can I ask you to start to prepare for the PL. What I'd really like is for someone quick to settle Fellaini. When he jabs his elbows back, just get out of the way, let him dislocate his shoulder and then if he could be accidentally trodden on.... What a shame!

Hope you make it through this tie (I really think you've a decent chance) and I've still got a bet on for your promo in 2019.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Miles bigger...biggest club in the world by a long way.....apart from City of course.....

The only way United are bigger than the two Spanish gaints is if you do it by some dumb category like number of Premier League titles.

Madrid and Barca can prize away any player in the world. United can't. Surely that defines how they're bigger. And then you can move on to overall reputation, worldwide fanbase, historic players and European success.

38 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The only way United are bigger than the two Spanish gaints is if you do it by some dumb category like number of Premier League titles.

Madrid and Barca can prize away any player in the world. United can't. Surely that defines how they're bigger. And then you can move on to overall reputation, worldwide fanbase, historic players and European success.

I thought it was about money, the size of your financial pot although my wife says size isn’t every thing....,not sure what she means by that 

1 hour ago, BrentW said:

OK. We (Chelsea) did you a big favour training the excellent Frankie. Can I ask you to start to prepare for the PL. What I'd really like is for someone quick to settle Fellaini. When he jabs his elbows back, just get out of the way, let him dislocate his shoulder and then if he could be accidentally trodden on.... What a shame!

Hope you make it through this tie (I really think you've a decent chance) and I've still got a bet on for your promo in 2019.

Sorry, we sold our bruiser (Hanson) to Oxford. The rest of the squad are pussycats. 

We will try and make him look silly for you, though. 

What is it about Fellaini? I hardly watch any PL football but I seriously dislike him.

Thanks for your support - everyone welcome on the Lampard hype-train!

6 minutes ago, Doodle said:

By that foolish logic Juventus are bigger than Real Madrid 

Ronaldo has achieved everything at madrid and after winning 3 champions league trophies in a row he wanted a new challenge, where as when he signed for Madrid he was simply looking to play with better players and for a club who can sign better players. 

5 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Completely different scenario.

Yes it is. He joined Resl Madrid because it was a club he supported as a boy and fulfilled a lifelong dream. He joined Juve for the money. Nothing to do with size in either case.  Your original point, however remains a  stupid one

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Didn’t Harry Kane and some other player I forget now turn Real Madrid down this summer ? 

2 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Ronaldo has achieved everything at madrid and after winning 3 champions league trophies in a row he want a new challenge, where as when he signed for Madrid he was simply looking to play with better players and for a club who can sign better players.

New challenge my arse. He just wants to be on top dollar and be top dog. Juve with or without Ronaldo will be a small fish in a big European pond 

Just now, Doodle said:

New challenge my arse. He just wants to be on top dollar and be top dog. Juve with or without Ronaldo will be a small fish in a big European pond 

I disagree completely, Juve are a massive club ,  with former players including Zidane, del piero , Nedved  and platini and the difference between them and Madrid last season was Ronaldo so now they have Ronaldo Juve and Barca will be the favourites for the champions league.

28 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

I wasn't really serious with the Ronaldo example @Doodle, but I stand by Madrid being the bigger club.

I didn’t disagree with your argument. Just the premise you used for your argument. Both massive, but Madrid, I agree, bigger, just.... Both fading stars though 

45 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I disagree completely, Juve are a massive club ,  with former players including Zidane, del piero , Nedved  and platini and the difference between them and Madrid last season was Ronaldo so now they have Ronaldo Juve and Barca will be the favourites for the champions league.

??? Where did Barca enter the conversation? That’s like saying Man City or Cardiff will win the Premier League this season. I will offer you a friendly £100 bet, that Juve won’t win the champions league. Happy for it to be for charity 

Archived