v Millwall (A) Match Thread

Woodley Ram

Just now, McLovin said:

What’s the reason oh wise one?

My guess would be the fact that we have an inexperienced team, a highly inexperienced manager who is still trying to work out our best side, the weight of expectation causing nerves and having Huddz and Davies injured. A tweak here and there and I think we've got an exciting team on our hands. Appreciate you'll not agree with that but that's ok, isn't it?

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trouble is this is only the championship...we have a massive bloated squad with cover in all positions..and we are praying for the return of 2 of the elder statesman to return from injury to turn things around...we should be able to put 3 teams out in this league that are competitive.

is it not really simple play 4-4-2

Which makes us stronger in midfield Huddlestone is the key when is he fit???

Carson

Bogle          Tomori         Davies         Malone

Benett        Huddlestone     Evans         Mount

Nugent    Marriot

Rubbish first half and turned it around in 2nd as it's been the case so far this season. It did take our defence to fall asleep and a jammy deflection to beat us though. Nugent took his goal well and we really pressed them in 2nd half. Thought we'd get a point.

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

My guess would be the fact that we have an inexperienced team, a highly inexperienced manager who is still trying to work out our best side, the weight of expectation causing nerves and having Huddz and Davies injured. A tweak here and there and I think we've got an exciting team on our hands. Appreciate you'll not agree with that but that's ok, isn't it?

Feel another song coming on.....you took the words right out of my mouth....let us see where we are at Christmas. Need to give Frank some time to work out his best team and formation.

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Feel another song coming on.....you took the words right out of my mouth....let us see where we are at Christmas. Need to give Frank some time to work out his best team and formation.

Spot on. It's not pleasurable to watch us messing up but we're a work in progress. Even the senior players need time to re-adapt. It's a very different style we're trying to play but the right style in my opinion. We wanted youth, we wanted attacking fluid football, we wanted fresh blood in. Getting all these elements to gel together takes more than 3 bloomin matches. We're an impatient lot, aren't we? ?

7 minutes ago, 86 points said:

That doesn’t really explain why we start games off slowly. We are ok when we get ourselves into games but by then we’re already losing and it gives us too much to do.

26 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Butterfield and Anya only at this point 

He wanted Butterfield in the window, but Jacob refused the move as he doesn't want to go south!

Regardless of what we think of them, if we're not going to play Thorne and Martin they should leave for games and to save some money off the wage bill.

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

He wanted Butterfield in the window, but Jacob refused the move as he doesn't want to go south!

Regardless of what we think of them, if we're not going to play Thorne and Martin they should leave for games and to save some money off the wage bill.

Is that itk? 

Just now, McLovin said:

That doesn’t really explain why we start games off slowly. We are ok when we get ourselves into games but by then we’re already losing and it gives us too much to do.

It explains why we MIGHT be nervous early on. You seem to think there's a definitive and easily quantifiable reason. Poor players. bad coaching etc were the reasons you offered. I don't agree. I think it can be argued that one or two are not up to scratch in the positions they're being asked to play but I also think they might not be starting were some others not on the easy list. You posted after 20 mins today that Mel's finger must be getting itchy. Personally I think such suggestions are utter nonsense. I think 7-10 games into this season we'll be spanking the likes of Millwall. Come back and tell me I'm wrong when the gaffer's had a fair chance please, not after 3 fookin games. 

It’s really early days and yes the signs have been largely poor but it’s going to take a few games until Lampard even knows what his best team is which is usually the issue when you bang 9 new signings into the mix. The frustrating thing is that we’ve tried playing it slow build up from the back in the past even as far back as clough jr and been poo and I’m sure there’s a collection of captain slippy’s mistakes on video he must have seen before joining. Get Davies back and a few more games under the belt and I’m sure things will start to look a bit brighter, if they don’t I’m sure Mel will line up return of the Mac version 3 ?

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Lamps on Radio Derby saying the Waghorn disallowed goal was onside. If true that' so disappointing as it was early in the half and would have given us a lot of time to get it back and even win it.

Thing is he wouldn’t state it was onside if not certain of his facts, otherwise he looks foolish and that’s one thing he isn’t. 

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Shaking my head in despair - didn’t want to go south - he’s played for nearly everyone In Yorkshire 

9 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Bit obvious this, but they can't play if they're not fit.

Archived