v Millwall (A) Match Thread

Woodley Ram

Bit shocked this isn’t up yet, hard game. I like Millwalls backs against the wall everyone is against us mentality. They fight for everything and I wouldn’t mind a bit of that in our team.

hoping for a win but would accept a draw. Would like to see Malone start along with BJ 

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Bit shocked this isn’t up yet, hard game. I like Millwalls backs against the wall everyone is against us mentality. They fight for everything and I wouldn’t mind a bit of that in our team.

hoping for a win but would accept a draw. Would like to see Malone start along with BJ 

I think they both will

Carson

wisdom tomori Keogh Malone 

Johnson      

Mount Bryson 

wilson   Waghorn. Lawrence 

thats what I think it will be but like against Leeds it is very lightweight without the ball so we had best score a lot of goals

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Firstly can someone tell me how to get rid of accidental quotes?

Expect something like:

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Tomori Malone 

Evans  Johnson      

Mount

Jozefzoon Waghorn Lawrence

Tough game, especially as its away. 

Still believe we have enough individual quality to turn/win games before we gel properly. 

2 hours ago, Rample said:

Firstly can someone tell me how to get rid of accidental quotes?

Expect something like:

Carson

Evans  Johnson      

Mount

Jozefzoon Waghorn Lawrence

Tough game, especially as its away. 

Still believe we have enough individual quality to turn/win games before we gel properly. 

Think I would go with that, close call out of Wisdom and Bogle, think Bugsy is a better bet than Lowe at the moment.....

1 hour ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Carson
              Evans Johnson
          FloJo Mount Lawrence
                  Waghorn

Would expect that apart from Wilson starting over FloJo....he is going to get more game time because of the loan penalties no matter his form.I am not suggesting in that statement he is playing poorly and believe he will be a major asset this season

10 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Would expect that apart from Wilson starting over FloJo....he is going to get more game time because of the loan penalties no matter his form.I am not suggesting in that statement he is playing poorly and believe he will be a major asset this season

Loan penalties? Tell me more?

33 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Frank has already confirmed we haven't guaranteed the loan players they will play

40 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Frank has already confirmed we haven't guaranteed the loan players they will play

He cannot guarantee any player they will play loan or permanent however the financial penalties Liverpool place on non appearance either starting or from the bench makes it more likely they will get longer on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Loan penalties? Tell me more?

Think this from the Liverpool echo explains it

it a follow up move to take the 20-year-old on loan has foundered because Wigan cannot guarantee that the player will play in at least three-quarters of their matches during his loan spell.

The Echo understands that the Reds now insist on a “75 per cent” clause for all of their loaned players, whereby clubs are penalised financially if a player they have loaned does not play in a specified ratio of matches.

The clause is designed to ensure that all players unable to get first team football at Anfield will benefit by gaining valuable first team experience elsewhere.

Football League rules prevent clubs from demanding that loaned players start matches, so the Reds have shrewdly introduced financial penalties into their loan agreements punishing clubs who fail to meet their specified appearance criteria.

The Reds do not ask for loan fees either, with the savings on players’ wages during the loan spells considered a negligible factor in the Anfield club’s thinking.

23 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Think this from the Liverpool echo explains it

it a follow up move to take the 20-year-old on loan has foundered because Wigan cannot guarantee that the player will play in at least three-quarters of their matches during his loan spell.

The Echo understands that the Reds now insist on a “75 per cent” clause for all of their loaned players, whereby clubs are penalised financially if a player they have loaned does not play in a specified ratio of matches.

The clause is designed to ensure that all players unable to get first team football at Anfield will benefit by gaining valuable first team experience elsewhere.

Football League rules prevent clubs from demanding that loaned players start matches, so the Reds have shrewdly introduced financial penalties into their loan agreements punishing clubs who fail to meet their specified appearance criteria.

The Reds do not ask for loan fees either, with the savings on players’ wages during the loan spells considered a negligible factor in the Anfield club’s thinking.

So the loan is free apart from wages unless we don't play him? That might not be too bad a deal as some of the big clubs are now charging loan fees aren't they? 

Archived