Holiday Plans 2019

Angry Ram

15 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Quite like Harrogate. Must sum up my personality if you deem it a weird place. Having said that, it is in Yorkshire after all so you're probably right, full of weirdos. 

Sorry, @coneheadjohn. You are exempt from that last sentence if you're a Ram living in Yorkshire. I should have clarified that at the time.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

When we went our friends neighbour shouted over the fence.

Tell the Poms to be careful I’ve just seen a brown snake on the drive!

They  led me to believe they’re pretty dangerous?

The eastern brown snake (Pseudonaja textilis), often referred to as the common brown snake, is a highly venomous snake of the family Elapidae, native to eastern and central Australia and southern New Guinea. Considered the world's second-most venomous land snake after the inland taipan, based on its LD50 value (subcutaneous) in mice, it is responsible for about 60% of snake-bite deaths in Australia.

As I was perusing the St Austell Brewery website (see 'The Beer Thread') yesterday, The Memsahib said "We haven't been to Cornwall in years". Well, we are now going this summer. I've just booked us a week at the start of July at a B&B in Mevagissey, about 100 metres from the harbour.

On 22/04/2019 at 17:50, eddie said:

As I was perusing the St Austell Brewery website (see 'The Beer Thread') yesterday, The Memsahib said "We haven't been to Cornwall in years". Well, we are now going this summer. I've just booked us a week at the start of July at a B&B in Mevagissey, about 100 metres from the harbour.

Went there Autumn before last and it's a gorgeous place. Some nice pubs, think the St Austell Stout was good.

This restaurant was ace too. No prices on website, but food was reasonably priced for how good it was. The places round the harbour seemed a bit overpriced in comparison.

http://www.salamander-restaurant.co.uk/aboutus.html

Gardens of Heligon are great if you not been before.

On 14/08/2018 at 15:53, Angry Ram said:

Also struggling when to go. She wanted a week at the end of May in Kalkan but that's Play Off final week. No chance. Easter you have to travel to get the heat. 

Have you been to Kalkan before? Went last year in Summer holidays and it was incredible. Got 4 flights for 800 quid too and amazing apartment for around 80 quid a night.

Going again in August. Apartment same price but flight about 1200 this year.

Met a couple of Derby fans and watched us 'destroy' Reading. Hello if you are on here!

3 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Went there Autumn before last and it's a gorgeous place. Some nice pubs, think the St Austell Stout was good.

This restaurant was ace too. No prices on website, but food was reasonably priced for how good it was. The places round the harbour seemed a bit overpriced in comparison.

http://www.salamander-restaurant.co.uk/aboutus.html

Gardens of Heligon are great if you not been before.

Yes, we used to be annual grockles, and love Mevagissey. We will definitely be going to the 'lost gardens' and the Eden Project (we last went there the day Steve Harmison clobbered Ricky Ponting on the head, so that's 14 years ago), and probably have a day conger fishing as well. Other than that, it'll be days out on the bus (Newquay, St Ives etc) - one of the benefits of being a pensioner, of course - and a few beers.

4 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Have you been to Kalkan before? Went last year in Summer holidays and it was incredible. Got 4 flights for 800 quid too and amazing apartment for around 80 quid a night.

Going again in August. Apartment same price but flight about 1200 this year.

Met a couple of Derby fans and watched us 'destroy' Reading. Hello if you are on here!

Been to Kalkan five times, although for a number of reasons (mainly business constraints) not since 2014. Lovely place. Enjoy the break in August. Hopefully you might be watching us destroy one of the Prem top 6.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Been to Kalkan five times, although for a number of reasons (mainly business constraints) not since 2014. Lovely place. Enjoy the break in August. Hopefully you might be watching us destroy one of the Prem top 6.

End of August this time. Ashes and Derby in Prem crazy!

Not sure what the currency was like when you were there but things so cheap last year. The restaurants are incredible and such good value.

Never normally go back to same place twice but it was so good. 

2 hours ago, Moist One said:

Tenerife on a Stag Week in 4 weeks

Portugal on 2 Stags Week in mid-July.

Need them breaks badly

When you come back, your liver will need breaks badly.

On 15/04/2019 at 11:45, Stagtime said:

I was just saying to the missus we’ll have to get the fire ready. Temperatures going to be 18 - 27 this week. Talking about snakes, the neighbor saw a big Eastern Brown come into the yard a couple of days ago. Can’t find him anywhere, might be in the wood pile.

.......or the toilet

Archived