Angry Ram

Holiday Plans 2019

14 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

When we went years ago you did not have to do the full 5 (or was it 7 ?) days trek. We did last 3 days which allowed us to get to Macchu Pichu early in the morning and we had the place to ourselves. It does get steep and the altitude makes it harder. I rember playing footie with some kids outside our hotel in Cusco and it nearly killed me!

Very near Cusco is Saqsaywaman, not to be missed. The Egyptians  and Romans could build but the Incas are well up there as well.

I'm doing a four day trek and I'm hoping we'll get to Machu Pichu nice and early so we miss the day trippers. 

Saqsaywaman looks incredible, will definitely see if I can give it a visit while I'm there. 

13 hours ago, McRamFan said:

As previous stated altitude can catch you out.  Good boots, pack light and be aware of dehydration.  Are you solo or booked through a company as a group?

I'm booked through a company that does these treks so I should at least have a guide so I don't get lost! Need to get my vaccinations in order before I go.