Holiday Plans 2019

Angry Ram

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still planning October break and people going on about 2019 or even 2020! Too many organised folk around here.

Will be off Malta at some point, Monaco for Grand Prix weekend too. Want to get in a few U.K weekend/ short breaks too, always somewhere new to go.

13 hours ago, reveldevil said:

There are two in Halkidiki, the Oceania and the Olivia.

One in Dassia, Corfu opened this summer, one opening in Kos next year, and one in Spain the year after.

Check out TripAdvisor for reviews.

Checked out that Dassia place, looks really nice. 

We go to Florida every year to see the in-laws but next year are doing the Disney parks thing for the first time over Easter - as Miss Wolfie will be 6 1/2 & old enough (we think) to get the benefit. Planning for 5 days or so in Orlando & then going up to the in-laws near Jacksonville. My parents are going with us as well.

All the Disney stuff is really not my thing, though.

21 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Checked out that Dassia place, looks really nice. 

Hope so, the Oceania was great but not much in the surrounding area, shouldn't be the same in Dassia.

Get good deals direct too.

35 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

We go to Florida every year to see the in-laws but next year are doing the Disney parks thing for the first time over Easter - as Miss Wolfie will be 6 1/2 & old enough (we think) to get the benefit. Planning for 5 days or so in Orlando & then going up to the in-laws near Jacksonville. My parents are going with us as well.

Yeah, yeah, you will love the tea cup rides and all that Disney stuff. @ 6 1/2 little Miss Wolfie will love it.

It will be your thing when you see her face.. 

20 hours ago, Moist One said:

not sure how to feel about this. Having had successful Holiday Plans 2016, Holiday Plans 2017 and Holiday Plans 2018 threads, I assumed I'd be naturally allowed to create a Holiday Plans 2019 thread. But alas, No. @Angry Ram nipped in like dirty thief and stole my thunder.

Usurper... Usurper you are! I hope @David re-acquaints you with the ban-hammer!

Watch your wives lads, AngryRam is likely to climb into your bed when you shuffle off for a 2am piss!

Oh yeah,

Prague in March, Tenerife in May and Albufeira in July.... ALL Stag holidays!

I'm in Prague in March - for a 40th not a stag tho....

great place with great bargains if youve got the nerve to explore just outside the Old Town tourist area. we ended up staying near FC Kosice's ground which i think is just east of Old Town.

Anyone visiting Prague I'd recommend the Prague Minos app.

It's got a great walking tour of proper old school Prague boozers, under the heading special tours.

Start early doors, catch the funicular up the hill, walk to St Norbert's brewery which is the starting point, and it's literally downhill from there.

There's a great place for lunch, I think it's the 5th stop on the tour, which serves the best goulash and bread dumplings, and it's only 8 pubs long, so you can divert into others on route depending on your thirst.

It depresses me when people go to Prague and come back talking of the Irish bars they've been in, drink and eat like a local and you'll be richer both spiritually and literally.

One last tip, if you should find yourself lucky enough to enjoy the company of a local lady at the end of the evening, make sure your trousers are at the opposite side of the bed to the door, unless you want to see both them and the wallet they contain disappear into the night.

Wallet in your teeth is probably the best idea.

18 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Being a big kid at heart, I've been to every Disney except California. Would recommend you try to get to Universal while you're in Orlando. 

2 hours ago, Stagtime said:

We are already planning our next European holiday for next September. At the moment it looks like Malta, Norway and then UK. Missus being a teacher, we've only got 2 weeks off then so hopefully a Derby home game falls when were there. 

A bit of a strange combination do you have family connections in Malta & Norway.

If you’re coming from Oz a word of warning Norway will be chuffin freezing for you even in summer.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

A bit of a strange combination do you have family connections in Malta & Norway.

If you’re coming from Oz a word of warning Norway will be chuffin freezing for you even in summer.

Yeah, our daughter is married to a Norwegian and friends have a holiday home in Malta. Been to Oslo and Roros at Christmas time and we were in Bergen last Easter so we know how cold it will be. Coming from central Queensland I really embrace the cold weather, strange eh?

My holiday entitlement will be massively altered from 2019 onwards and not in a good way. My wages will take a massive hit post July 2019 too so I fear my globe trotting days are over for a while.

Found cheap flights to Turkey in April, so going with the lad and a mate. Istanbul, Dalyan then Patara to exploit the great exchange rate.

Beyond that it will be stopping at mates in the UK and camping.

Archived