Holiday Plans 2019

Angry Ram

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
On 20/08/2018 at 06:40, Angry Ram said:

Went for the Caribbean cruise at Easter...

Should keep her quiet for a bit.

Im sure you will be glad to see her when she gets back

Off touring India next April with visits to Delhi, Shimla, Kerala & Chennai.

As long as you visit out of the monsoon season its a fantastic place with the most friendly people you will ever meet and the food is so different from what an Indian meal is here in the UK.

I've visited on business and holiday about 100 times and always been most welcomed.

6 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

Off touring India next April with visits to Delhi, Shimla, Kerala & Chennai.

As long as you visit out of the monsoon season its a fantastic place with the most friendly people you will ever meet and the food is so different from what an Indian meal is here in the UK.

I've visited on business and holiday about 100 times and always been most welcomed.

I’m jealous.. Would love to tour India but she will have none of it..

Well, depends where you're staying.

I would avoid staying at Fisherman's Wharf, it's great but away from the centre.

We stayed at the King George in Mason St, quite central. 

Don't know how far along with your planning you are but it's cheaper to fly into Oakland than SFO.

Both are served by BART 

Loads of homeless and a strong smell of weed/stale piss in many street doorways. 

We walked pretty much everywhere except for a bus to Golden Gate park and bike hire to ride over the bridge to Sausalito.

Definitely recommend the Alcatraz audio tour, essential but only one boat operator goes there so be careful. Best to pre-book on their website.

1 hour ago, ThePrisoner said:

I’ve heard good things! Any tips?

1. Night visit to Alcatraz - much more atmospheric than in the day 

2. Fire Dept Museum

3. Cable car ride obviously - good fun

4. Cross the Golden Gate bridge to Sausalito 

5. Clam Chowder at Fishermans' Wharf - out of scooped-out loaf of course.

It's a great city and if you hire a car and can fit in an overnight stop, Yosemite N.P. is fantastic

• 3 weeks later...

Just to add into this thread which i assume will be okay … Seeing as a few posters on here already know what I do …

But i do run my own travel business so if anyone needs anything please do shout up. Nothing like supporting a local business and Rams fan eh?

Feel free to DM ...

Nick

10 hours ago, therams69 said:

Just to add into this thread which i assume will be okay … Seeing as a few posters on here already know what I do …

But i do run my own travel business so if anyone needs anything please do shout up. Nothing like supporting a local business and Rams fan eh?

Feel free to DM ...

Nick

Shameless advertising Nick... How's the business going?

On 30/08/2018 at 19:35, ColonelBlimp said:

Well, depends where you're staying.

I would avoid staying at Fisherman's Wharf, it's great but away from the centre.

We stayed at the King George in Mason St, quite central. 

Don't know how far along with your planning you are but it's cheaper to fly into Oakland than SFO.

Both are served by BART 

Loads of homeless and a strong smell of weed/stale piss in many street doorways. 

We walked pretty much everywhere except for a bus to Golden Gate park and bike hire to ride over the bridge to Sausalito.

Definitely recommend the Alcatraz audio tour, essential but only one boat operator goes there so be careful. Best to pre-book on their website.

Good advice here, especially Oakland and you have to book Alcatraz in advance. You cant miss it, brilliant place to visit.

I was expecting too see a lot of homeless but nevertheless was still shocked by the amount. We stayed in the downtown area right near where the trams depart from.

56 minutes ago, eddie said:

Somewhere on the Dutch coast if <politics> - either Scheveningen or Noordwijk aan Zee.

The beach by The Hague? 

Stayed at Delft last summer and rode the bikes into Den Haag and along to the beach at Scheveningen.

Great pier, you can do zip lines from there which looked cool.

I'm sure that's your thing Eddie.

23 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

The beach by The Hague? 

Stayed at Delft last summer and rode the bikes into Den Haag and along to the beach at Scheveningen.

Great pier, you can do zip lines from there which looked cool.

I'm sure that's your thing Eddie.

That's the one. We love the place, and like to stay at The Grand Hotel, right on the front. A bit pricy, but FREE MINIBAR!!!!!

grand-hotel-amrath-kurhaus.jpg.438aeb2d94da9c9c91b06a29f9946da1.jpg

Just booked flights last night for our Florida Disney trip next April.

4 Adults (My folks are going with us) and Miss Wolfie, Virgin Premium Economy

Flying to Orlando on Saturday 6th April for 2 weeks: £12,000

Fly on Wednesday 3rd instead (taking Miss W out of school for 3 days): £6,500 !!!

In the end, decided to fly to Jacksonville - where my in-laws live: £4,600

Not exactly a bargain still but the price difference is amazing.

Archived