Holiday Plans 2019

Angry Ram

12 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Just booked flights last night for our Florida Disney trip next April.

4 Adults (My folks are going with us) and Miss Wolfie, Virgin Premium Economy

Flying to Orlando on Saturday 6th April for 2 weeks: £12,000

Fly on Wednesday 3rd instead (taking Miss W out of school for 3 days): £6,500 !!!

In the end, decided to fly to Jacksonville - where my in-laws live: £4,600

Not exactly a bargain still but the price difference is amazing.

Flights to the USA are stupid prices at the moment. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/08/2018 at 15:53, Angry Ram said:

Thoughts now turning to 2019 and what to do.. The missus and I have always loved the sun and can sit in it for 9 hours a day. This was pretty much our holiday routine, roast all day, then out for the evening for good food and wine.

She has now had a couple of moles removed and the sun part is going to have to take a back seat going forward. She still likes to chill in the shade but boredom soon kicks in and she gets restless.

Is it just me or have holiday prices taken a real hike for next year. Looked at a safari, min £3.5k each. Crusing has gone up as well although still probably the best value. 

Also struggling when to go. She wanted a week at the end of May in Kalkan but that's Play Off final week. No chance. Easter you have to travel to get the heat. She's a teacher, so tied on dates.

What's everyone doing next year?

So that really is you in your profile picture ?

1 minute ago, BathRam72 said:

Love New Orleans. Had a great few days there.

Yeah I love it. Looking forward to catching up with friends there over a couple of weeks. Helps to not have to pay for a hotel mind, they're expensive as hell in that place.

On 19/09/2018 at 09:04, Wolfie said:

Just booked flights last night for our Florida Disney trip next April.

4 Adults (My folks are going with us) and Miss Wolfie, Virgin Premium Economy

Flying to Orlando on Saturday 6th April for 2 weeks: £12,000

Fly on Wednesday 3rd instead (taking Miss W out of school for 3 days): £6,500 !!!

In the end, decided to fly to Jacksonville - where my in-laws live: £4,600

Not exactly a bargain still but the price difference is amazing.

Wow, we went first two weeks school holidays to Disney, 6 adults and 4 children cost 6.5k. Was basic economy though with TC.

6 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Off for a city break to Dusseldorf in January. Anyone been? It looks like there is plenty to do (and Altbier to drink)

I said in the Christmas market thread that I was pleasantly surprised with Düsseldorf. Try the Killipitsch drink. 

Archived