Holiday Plans 2019

Angry Ram

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 15/08/2019 at 05:45, Stagtime said:

Spent the day locally doing cafe’s and wineries then off to miserable Melbourne tomorrow till Monday. Going down for Melbourne Storm V Canberra Raiders Rugby League match, should be a cracker 1V3 on the ladder.

I’ve always followed the Raiders in the NRL, so I’m predicting that Croker & the boys will contain the full force of the Storm.

Hodgson & Bateman will have blinders, outshining the mercurial Cameron Smith.....Raiders to win by 8.

Almost time for kick off, enjoy the game, like you say should be a cracker.

On 17/08/2019 at 16:24, sheeponacid said:

I’ve always followed the Raiders in the NRL, so I’m predicting that Croker & the boys will contain the full force of the Storm.

Hodgson & Bateman will have blinders, outshining the mercurial Cameron Smith.....Raiders to win by 8.

Almost time for kick off, enjoy the game, like you say should be a cracker.

Just back in Brisbane, what a great game. Shut up all the Storm sooks sitting around me in the second half. We should be stronger next year with the 5th Brit George Williams.

Flying to Spain again in the morning for a one week work trip finishing off work in the house.  Last 3 week trip nearly did me in, the summer heat is too much for me, but it will be better this time, our builder has installed two air con's in the upstairs bedrooms, they were like a oven before.  Excited at the prospect of finishing all needed work there, the place is being totally renovated.  Was taking B12 vitamin to ward off the flies but had to stop, i got a bad ear infection, seems i may be allergic to cobalt. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/04/2019 at 21:51, ariotofmyown said:

End of August this time. Ashes and Derby in Prem crazy!

Not sure what the currency was like when you were there but things so cheap last year. The restaurants are incredible and such good value.

Never normally go back to same place twice but it was so good. 

I am out of the Politics thread for a while buddy.  How was Kalkan second time round?

11 hours ago, i-Ram said:

I am out of the Politics thread for a while buddy.  How was Kalkan second time round?

Amazing again, although the prices had gone up a bit due to inflation. Couple of great boat trips around Kalkan and Kas. Kayaking down river to Patara Beach was another highlight. Don't think we are going to go again next year, but you never know! How many times you been?

10 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

Amazing again, although the prices had gone up a bit due to inflation. Couple of great boat trips around Kalkan and Kas. Kayaking down river to Patara Beach was another highlight. Don't think we are going to go again next year, but you never know! How many times you been?

Five times in total although last time was 2014.  Hoping to go back in the next couple of years. Really pleased it was as good second time round.

I'm going to England for my holiday , towards the end of September ! My annual trip to the Costa del Sawley , during which I hope to see the Rams v Birmingham , pig out on fish and chips and takeaways , and enjoy many pints of well - hopped beer in the local pubs  - luxury .

4 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Planning on booking a late trip to Peru to walk the Inca Trail.

Anyone been before? Any advice?

Take the train!

At least that is what we did when honeymoon. Walking would be awesome though, think there are a few high parts though so as long as you are ok with that.

We went in Jan which was apparently good timing as it's quiet. Went to Lima, Arequpia, Cusco, Puno, Lake Titicaca, La Paz and Amazon Rain Forest in Bolivia. Was incredible. Food amazing too and amazing value...well, it was in 2007.

We went with Journey Latin America and all the trips and tours were brilliant. 

12 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Five times in total although last time was 2014.  Hoping to go back in the next couple of years. Really pleased it was as good second time round.

Met some people there who had been going for years. They said they were worried for it after terror attacks few years back as very quiet but rocking again now. 

On 09/09/2019 at 16:34, PodgeyRam said:

Went there on honeymoon, many moons ago. Great place great people if you can see the Nazca lines they are fantastic. Did a small flight over them.

I've heard that for Macchu Pichu at the end of the Inca trail there are permits so worth checking on the tinternet.

1 hour ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Went there on honeymoon, many moons ago. Great place great people if you can see the Nazca lines they are fantastic. Did a small flight over them.

I've heard that for Macchu Pichu at the end of the Inca trail there are permits so worth checking on the tinternet.

On 09/09/2019 at 21:33, sage said:

Spend at least 2 days in Cisco first getting  used to the altitude, do some flat walks first

On 09/09/2019 at 21:13, ariotofmyown said:

Take the train!

At least that is what we did when honeymoon. Walking would be awesome though, think there are a few high parts though so as long as you are ok with that.

We went in Jan which was apparently good timing as it's quiet. Went to Lima, Arequpia, Cusco, Puno, Lake Titicaca, La Paz and Amazon Rain Forest in Bolivia. Was incredible. Food amazing too and amazing value...well, it was in 2007.

We went with Journey Latin America and all the trips and tours were brilliant. 

Seems like I'll have to do a bit of training in that case as I'll be walking it, although thankfully I've got two days in Cuzco to acclimatise before setting off on the trek.

I think I've luckily managed to nab a permit for Machu Piccu. Really looking forward to it and incredibly I've managed to do it when I won't miss any Derby matches.

8 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Seems like I'll have to do a bit of training in that case as I'll be walking it, although thankfully I've got two days in Cuzco to acclimatise before setting off on the trek.

I think I've luckily managed to nab a permit for Machu Piccu. Really looking forward to it and incredibly I've managed to do it when I won't miss any Derby matches.

When we went years ago you did not have to do the full 5 (or was it 7 ?) days trek. We did last 3 days which allowed us to get to Macchu Pichu early in the morning and we had the place to ourselves. It does get steep and the altitude makes it harder. I rember playing footie with some kids outside our hotel in Cusco and it nearly killed me!

Very near Cusco is Saqsaywaman, not to be missed. The Egyptians  and Romans could build but the Incas are well up there as well.

On 09/09/2019 at 16:34, PodgeyRam said:

As previous stated altitude can catch you out.  Good boots, pack light and be aware of dehydration.  Are you solo or booked through a company as a group?

Archived