Crazy Keogh hating

Nice to see him silence his critics today. One of the top CBs in the div to my mind. Hasn't been at his best thus far but then who has. Thought he was excellent today and great that he popped up for the second goal to soothe the nerves. When Curtis returns I'd love to see Tomori playing in a CDM role. He's a really talented lad but whether he's a better CB than Keogh or Davies I'm not sure. 

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with the last 2 posts, Keogh has sweated blood for this club since he came in, about 7 years ago, love his attitude and desire, as a manager you would love every player to have his desire to play for your team, but most of our fan base love him, it's the ones who know nothing about the game,at this level believe me and all our managers he is a top, top championship defender, also his international coach Martin Oneil rates him to play at the top level, lets back our players, instead of getting on there backs all the time.

Even yesterday though when he slightly misplaced a pass there were murmurings of discontent in first half from some fans, disproportionate to stick other players were getting. Granted nothing like the stick he got Tuesday night.

He was immense yesterday, his best game of the season so far. In fact couldn’t really fault any of the back 4 yesterday or Wisdom who came on. Going to be interesting when Malone Davies and Bogle are all fit! 

10 minutes ago, swadieram said:

Not even Keogh can be crap for all of every game !  Good chinned goal tho. 

Keogh has never been crap, EVER, I love his commitment, work rate, and sheer love of the club.  His goal celebration told us all we need to know about RK. 

13 hours ago, Sasha said:

Keogh has never been crap, EVER, I love his commitment, work rate, and sheer love of the club.  His goal celebration told us all we need to know about RK. 

Got the rose coloured glasses on eh?

Got a season ticket for the first time in quite a while this year. I noticed during the Ipswich game that the bloke behind me was constantly moaning about Keogh. On Saturday I timed his first "Keogh, you're useless" shout at 2mins:15 secs.

If this goes on, I may have to kill him.

I hate the Keogh haters. Quite frankly they bore the tits off me. How you can support a team but constantly have a go at one of the players is beyond me. As a manager I encourage personnel to do and be their best. This gives them a sense of purpose and they appreciate it, even if they are struggling.  Low and behold, they respect you and work harder. 

Belittle them and their confidence goes.

The same for a player, so if you morons want the best from Keogh and any other player you give a bad time to, try encouraging them. 

If not go and watch something else because I for one are sick of hearing it every game

4 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I hate the Keogh haters. Quite frankly they bore the tits off me. How you can support a team but constantly have a go at one of the players is beyond me. As a manager I encourage personnel to do and be their best. This gives them a sense of purpose and they appreciate it, even if they are struggling.  Low and behold, they respect you and work harder. 

Belittle them and their confidence goes.

The same for a player, so if you morons want the best from Keogh and any other player you give a bad time to, try encouraging them. 

If not go and watch something else because I for one are sick of hearing it every game

I'm not aware of any manager belittling Keogh.

At the end of the day, the people slating Keogh are unhappy customers, not his manager.

They pay their money and are entitled to their opinion. Like you though, I don't get the Keogh hate and fail to see what it is trying to achieve.

On 26/08/2018 at 08:02, WystonRam said:

Yesterday was his best game for us for quite some time , he appears to have settled down a bit and looked less tense when in possession of the ball  than he has done so far this season.

Agree .. and it has everything to do with that huge sense of personal responsibility he carries with him when he plays. He’s getting to know Tomori. My theory is that Whenever Keogh has an iffy game it’s always to do with him fretting about his partner. He got to trust Curtis quite quickly and had a good season last year.  I think he is beginning to see that Tomori is a player and is settling better in to his own game rather than worrying about everything else. 

Very happy for him .. deserved the goal, played well. 

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm not aware of any manager belittling Keogh.

At the end of the day, the people slating Keogh are unhappy customers, not his manager.

They pay their money and are entitled to their opinion. Like you though, I don't get the Keogh hate and fail to see what it is trying to achieve.

Please re-read my post and you will see I said, and I quote.

"As a manager I encourage personnel to do and be their best. This gives them a sense of purpose and they appreciate it, even if they are struggling.  Low and behold, they respect you and work harder. 

Belittle them and their confidence goes"

• 2 months later...
On 27/08/2018 at 21:41, Grimbeard said:

Got a season ticket for the first time in quite a while this year. I noticed during the Ipswich game that the bloke behind me was constantly moaning about Keogh. On Saturday I timed his first "Keogh, you're useless" shout at 2mins:15 secs.

If this goes on, I may have to kill him.

An update: I haven't killed The Bloke Behind me yet, but it's getting close.

Today 1st half:

T.B.B.M and his easily led mate:-

"Come on Derby, sort it out, we're rubbish!"

" That kid Holmes is too lightweight, get him off"

"Keogh, stop passing sideways, gerrit forward, GERRIT FORWARD!"  (repeated 432 times)

" Sort it out Lampard, this is rubbish!"

Half Time:

BOOOoooo!

Second half, 1st 5 mins:

"Keogh, stop passing sideways, gerrit forward, GERRIT FORWARD!"

Next 40 odd mins:

Nowt, a blissful silence behind me.

I really think that I'll have to kill him, it's the only solution.

4 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

An update: I haven't killed The Bloke Behind me yet, but it's getting close.

Today 1st half:

"Come on Derby, sort it out, we're rubbish!"

" That kid Holmes is too lightweight, get him off"

"Keogh, stop passing sideways, gerrit forward, GERRIT FORWARD!"  (repeated 432 times)

" Sort it out Lampard, this is rubbish!"

Half Time:

BOOOoooo!

Second half, 1st 5 mins:

"Keogh, stop passing sideways, gerrit forward, GERRIT FORWARD!"

Next 40 odd mins:

Nowt, a blissful silence behind me.

I really think that I'll have to kill him, it's the only solution.

Sounds as if it's the only option, and the thing to bear in mind is that you'd also be putting him out of his misery. He should thank you.

And we'll all give you an alibi.

The sideways passing in the first half between Keough and Davies was not good to watch, Marriott was running around from one side to the other making space to recieve a pass but it didn’t arrive, second half they made more effort to make a forward pass and hey presto we revert to an attacking side and score three goals !

10 hours ago, loweman2 said:

The sideways passing in the first half between Keough and Davies was not good to watch, Marriott was running around from one side to the other making space to recieve a pass but it didn’t arrive, second half they made more effort to make a forward pass and hey presto we revert to an attacking side and score three goals !

Think that was happening because Huddlestone was so tightly marked and also because Davies lacks pace so Keogh can't go charging forward knowing he's got cover (TomorI and Keogh do this so well for each other.)

Huddlestone got loads more space second half and even when he didn't he seemed to find a way to get the ball through the midfield ruck and out to the flanks.

Although this is the Keogh bashing thread, yesterday just demonstrated to me that Davies is the least suited of the three to the way that Lampard wants us to play. Still a very good player, though. 

Archived