Joe Bryan - Joined Fulham

Barney1991

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, David said:

Agreed.

Always feels like players either need to hang up their boots and try a career change, or they are going are going to the top and will play for England one day, never seems to be any balanced middle ground and understanding that we are a Championship side. Players have their flaws and will make mistakes. 

100% they aren’t going to be the finished article, this deal could happen and Bryan could have a few bad games and he’d be in the same boat as fozzy 

Could happen, we’ve got a ready made replacement in Bryan, with young Lloyd Kelly seemingly ready to come start more games, it’s just a question of how many can a 19 year old start in a team that’s going to have lot of ups and downs. 

It’s possible Forsyth could come in as back up and fill in when the pressure is on. 

Forsyth, since he’s been here and at left back, in his very worst season was part of a defence that conceded fewer goals than Bryan in his very best season at Bristol at this level.

It’s worth some consideration. I know Bryan is very good technical footballer, but I haven’t seen enough of him to know what he’s like defensively. 

Forsyth has been a good pro for us, injuries have meant he’s not been the same player in recent seasons, but Bristol could be getting a very good deal. Last season he just looked rusty, a bit of match practice and they could probably get a better player defensively. Forsyth’s ability on the ball has always been a cause for concern, however. 

41 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Forsyth, since he’s been here and at left back, in his very worst season was part of a defence that conceded fewer goals than Bryan in his very best season at Bristol at this level.

It’s worth some consideration. I know Bryan is very good technical footballer, but I haven’t seen enough of him to know what he’s like defensively. 

Forsyth has been a good pro for us, injuries have meant he’s not been the same player in recent seasons, but Bristol could be getting a very good deal. Last season he just looked rusty, a bit of match practice and they could probably get a better player defensively. Forsyth’s ability on the ball has always been a cause for concern, however. 

Also the fact that he has had no one in front of him to interchange with and cover him like Jamie ward and not to mention he was the one who constantly got the ball to Martin during MAC one 

I am fairly confident that a swap is being talked about because we don’t want four left backs on the books and we can’t move Ollson on but personally I don’t think Bryan is a very good defender ( which should be the first priority) and a lot of his current popularity is because he scored a nice goal against one of the Manchester clubs last season 

16 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

I thought lowe was quality yesterday 

Hmm... I thought he was ball watching for their goal and should have been attacking the ball, rather than waiting for it.

He's a young lad with plenty of skill and promise. At the moment he looks more like a very good left-sided midfield player, but with experience he should become a better defender.

4 minutes ago, KCG said:

Hmm... I thought he was ball watching for their goal and should have been attacking the ball, rather than waiting for it.

He's a young lad with plenty of skill and promise. At the moment he looks more like a very good left-sided midfield player, but with experience he should become a better defender.

Lowe had a poor game on Friday. It baffles me how different fans see the game so differently. 

21 minutes ago, KCG said:

Lowe shouldn’t have been left by himself to deal with their centre forward in the air. Davies should have been aware of the situation and dealt with it. 

58 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Lowe shouldn’t have been left by himself to deal with their centre forward in the air. Davies should have been aware of the situation and dealt with it. 

Defenders should be able to win headers in the box not just the centre halfs 

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Defenders should be able to win headers in the box not just the centre halfs 

If you watch the replay, Lowe was left to mark their most dangerous header of the ball, one of centre-halves was marking another forward and the other centre-half was all on his own!  - as was mentioned on Sky, lack of experience meant that Lowe's body shape was poor and he was overpowered, but I'd have hoped that the centre-halves would have been picking up the main strikers.....

Would be a shame if this blocked lowe breaking through as he is a seriously good player, but it certainly is a risk to be relying on him the whole season tbf, he’s still young and naive at times. Bryan is a brilliant player and I can’t think of many better left backs to bring in, so if we can get him in and get rid of Forsyth at the same time I’ll be pleased, no way could Forsyth play in this side.

Some fans eh? They rightly complain that our squad is too old and we need to reduce the average age, in part by introducing the more promising players from our academy into the first team. Before these young, inexperienced players are brought into contention for first team selection, they say that we need to be patient and not be too critical of their mistakes because you can be certain that they will make mistakes - that's how they learn and develop.

For some, everything goes out of the window after a mixed performance in our very first match of the season and they want to bring in a replacement, many who have never seen this potential replacement play other than probably one game last season at Pride Park.

Makes me despair!

Archived