Joe Bryan - Joined Fulham

Barney1991

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Moist One said:

When did Keogh become Pirlo? I don't remember him doing anything actually positive with the ball in 5 years, aside of running into 3 opponents before firing it hip-high at a team-mate 5 yards away!

Did you watch many games last season? Keogh was constantly trying to move the ball forward. Granted he makes mistakes, sometimes silly ones particularly on Friday, but he also can very quickly turn defence into attack by running with the ball or playing key passes. He is far mor me likely to play a defence splitting pass than anyone on our team barring Mount and Bryson! These sorts of passes come with risks and rewards, he just needs to be more alert with his passes across the back 4.

I still think we might make a late move on this deal, could be all down to how much Bristol City value Forsyth at and how much we're willing to pay up front. Local Bristol paper says they believe the fee is around 5m - could we afford 4m + Fozzy? Can we pay another 500k if they value Fozzy less than 1m

Will be interesting to see how this plays out but imo both Villa + Boro have 1st choice left backs in place with Taylor + Friend whereas ours has been up in the air for over a season now

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

When did Keogh become Pirlo? I don't remember him doing anything actually positive with the ball in 5 years, aside of running into 3 opponents before firing it hip-high at a team-mate 5 yards away!

Guessing this is just another of your wind-ups. If not then you've really lost the plot.

I think that is the most inane comment I have ever seen on this forum, and I trust you have never been to a game!

Steals a bit of ground though doesn't he? The forwards give him ground to run into and he takes it and lays it off to a better player. What more do you get from a second tier CB in possession? 

Unlike Wisdom on Friday who wasn't great defensively and as soon as we had possession we might as well had Carson RB. 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Did Wizzer cut you up during your drive home on Friday, Alpha? He had a poor game against Reading but you're making him sound like Claude Davis! ?

Well they had 2 free headers in the box because Wisdom was trying to push people over rather than attack the ball. He got booked for the same reason.

Lampard wants fast passing. Wisdom kept stopping the ball dead, faking this way and then that way before either smashing it at a Reading player or passing it backwards. He just encouraged Reading to press higher because we had no threat on the right. 

After HT he was slightly better. 

Even Mount swung his hands in frustration at being ignored while Wisdom stands still pretending he's got no options. 

I just get mardy with players put themselves before the team

55 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well they had 2 free headers in the box because Wisdom was trying to push people over rather than attack the ball. He got booked for the same reason.

Lampard wants fast passing. Wisdom kept stopping the ball dead, faking this way and then that way before either smashing it at a Reading player or passing it backwards. He just encouraged Reading to press higher because we had no threat on the right. 

After HT he was slightly better. 

Even Mount swung his hands in frustration at being ignored while Wisdom stands still pretending he's got no options. 

I just get mardy with players put themselves before the team

Honestly by the looka of what transfers we may be making. Wisdom will go cb with curtis and have aina at rb and lowe/bryan at lb

Archived