Mason Mount - Signed on a season long loan

Cam the Ram

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mount and Wilson would be an impressive pair of loans. Throw marriot in as a permanent and I’m actually happy with that with no more signings. 

I’m aure there will be more those three would improve the squad no end with technical ability and youthful energy.

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

Mount and Wilson would be an impressive pair of loans. Throw marriot in as a permanent and I’m actually happy with that with no more signings. 

I’m aure there will be more those three would improve the squad no end with technical ability and youthful energy.

Yep those three would do!

I've seen him described by a few as the best youngster in the Eredivisie last season, even better than Justin Kluivert, who recently went to Roma for £16.5m. If we have just potentially got a £17m+ player on loan next season...

1 minute ago, LB_DCFC said:

I've seen him described by a few as the best youngster in the Eredivisie last season, even better than Justin Kluivert, who recently went to Roma for £16.5m. If we have just potentially got a £17m+ player on loan next season...

I see you read the top of page 21 of this thread then ?

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I see you read the top of page 21 of this thread then ?

Hadn't seen that.Just reading through twitter (not the most accurate representation of opinion, I know) and saw many say similar. Great minds, eh??

Great news, he’s a special talent. The situation seems to have changed from a few days ago as Chelsea want Golovin and they are already stacked in the midfield.

We can’t rest on his though, as good as Mount is, he won’t be able to do anything if we still have Jerome or Nugent up front because they won’t be able to capitalise from his through balls.  Wilson looks like it’s going to happen which looks a positive but we still need another striker. 

6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Just watched his highlight reel. Boy, he has technique. Some of those goals are of the highest quality. 

I’m no expert on Dutch football, and obviously the top sides are probably better, but is the league for the most part similar to Championship quality? 

The Eredivisie is massively underrated. It’s fast and hectic, similar to the Premier League in that there are a good number of teams vying for the title, but then you have a number of “Burton Albion” type teams who work purely on a physical threat.

Mason tore that league apart last season. No doubt in my mind he will tear the Championship up, now. 

6 minutes ago, LB_DCFC said:

Hadn't seen that.Just reading through twitter (not the most accurate representation of opinion, I know) and saw many say similar. Great minds, eh??

Wasn't from me, was from a Chelsea fan who's followed his career. Certainly sounds like we're getting a fantastic player 

I am absolutely stunned that we’ve pulled this off, if indeed it does come off. 

This kid is of the highest calibre, with a proven track record at first team level at a very good level. 

Lampard, maybe Morris, is obviously the only reason we’ve been able to pull this off. Outstanding bit of business. 

Archived