Mason Mount - Signed on a season long loan

Cam the Ram

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Great news, he’s a special talent. The situation seems to have changed from a few days ago as Chelsea want Golovin and they are already stacked in the midfield.

We can’t rest on his though, as good as Mount is, he won’t be able to do anything if we still have Jerome or Nugent up front because they won’t be able to capitalise from his through balls.  Wilson looks like it’s going to happen which looks a positive but we still need another striker. 

Totally agree about nugent and Jerome (useful sub in the championship Jerome) but we do still have Martin and Vydra and a fit Martin with talented youth around him could be very potent 

My knowledge of actually watching him is limited to a couple of England U19 games and I think one Vitesse game on Sky Sports Mix last season.

But regardless of whether you've followed his career, just watched his YouTube highlights or not seen him kick a single ball, how can anybody be anything but excited about this move? Look at some of the comments and the accolades he's received. All this praise from Chelsea, from Vitesse, from England youth coaches. From Gareth Southgate.

I really don't think it's too far-fetched to think that Mount could be in the England squad very soon. We've had a really good tournament and one way we're going to progress as a national side is to build now. Get players in the squad who will be our future. Although he's still going to be Chelsea's player, there's a real possibility with the quality this boy has that we could have a player earn an England cap at the same time as he's playing for Derby. Ryan Sessegnon was very close to a call-up, and if it wasn't a World Cup year I think he would've, so the Championship aspect isn't exactly going to prevent it from happening.

He trained with the World Cup squad and GS has said he hopes to have him in the squad soon. The fact a player like that would even consider coming to us is a real, real coup and is proof of what hiring a big, yet managerially-inexperienced name in Frank Lampard can bring to this club already.

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I am absolutely stunned that we’ve pulled this off, if indeed it does come off. 

This kid is of the highest calibre, with a proven track record at first team level at a very good level. 

Lampard, maybe Morris, is obviously the only reason we’ve been able to pull this off. Outstanding bit of business. 

A bit of credit to our owner for taking the risk in employing lampard and obviously financing it 

1 minute ago, Duracell said:

Tom Carroll is the reason why I won’t be excited about this signing.

Cheer up! Carroll was rubbish for us but that one came from Tottenham who only ever do us over in transfers  - Chelsea have never had the chance! 

9 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

After 5 consecutive plays my wife is convinced by my excuse that this is a great tune...... can anyone help me by confirming who she is and what the songs called? ?

Cherry Beach - Gravity ?

Archived