Mason Mount - Signed on a season long loan

Cam the Ram

I’d love to think Bryson can be a major part of this potential new line up. Can’t see BJ getting in the side of Mount and Wilson come. Lawrence, Vydra to squeeze in there as well..... what 4-3-3 we potentially looking at then lads?? Let’s dream a second.... ?

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Does that mean that this is bad news for Bryson ?

although i guess if we play 433 we could have a holding midfielder - Hudds/Thorne with Bryson & Mount ahead of him.

Maybe it's worse news for Bradley Johnson

Bryso Hudds Mount would be my preferred 3. Ledley as cover for Bryson then probably Butterfield/Elsnik as cover for Mount. Not great for Johnson, but probably wouldn't fit in with a possession based style. 1 or 2 probably need to move on, quite heavy in midfield now.

Just now, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Bryso Hudds Mount would be my preferred 3. Ledley as cover for Bryson then probably Butterfield as cover for Mount. Not great for Johnson, but probably wouldn't fit in with a possession based style. 1 or 2 probably need to move on, quite heavy in midfield now.

Wilson, Vydra, Lawrence up top?

Just now, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Vyds as a ST? Not sure, didn't work before but might be worth another crack. I'd move him on and buy Marriott if we can. Rondon going to Newcastle I think, so West Brom might be in for him.

I need closure tonight!! ??

Bloody exciting though Dyycheee if this all happens.

Lampard has certainly captured the imagination! Can’t stop thinking about it all.

? ?

6 hours ago, SuperFrankieL said:

Like I said, I don't think it's a sideways step necessarily but a lot of Chelsea fans who have also watched him a lot do think so. In my opinion, the Eredivisie is technically superior to the Championship but inferior in terms of physicality, speed, stamina, etc. However you must remember that he had a move to Werder Bremen lined up and almost closed if not for the interest from Frank and Derby. Looking at Tammy, Bamford, and all the others who put up good seasons in the Championship, it isn't quite the level to say he's good enough to play at Chelsea even if he did drop a 20G+A. On the other hand the Bundesliga is the real deal, if he has a KDBesque season there - there's no way he doesn't make the Chelsea team.

Never really sure why Chelsea don't just play kids like this in their first team themselves.

You'll probably have one of them years when you win the league this season, but it must be frustrating in your poor seasons to have all this young talent around the world whilst there are obvious gaps in your squad.

The whole system of loaning out all the kids then selling most of them just seems a pretty dull thing to be doing. Get them in the first team.

As someone has previously mentioned making a few young loan signings does not mean players like Thomas won't play but we probably need 2 players for each position with some players covering a few so if we were to go 4231 it might look something like this but could easily drop into 433......doesn't look too shabby to me ☺️

Carson

Wisdom/Bogle           Keogh/Pearce                  Davies/Pearce          Forsyth/Lowe

Bryson /Johnson/Butters          Huddlestone/Ledley

Thomas/Wilson                              Mount/Lawrence                              Mount/new player

Jerome/Nugent/Marriott

Just to say i really like the way that Lampard has made our younger players like Thomas,Bogle and Bennett feel like they are first team players/squad members whereas hoofball never really promoted youth at all despite saying he would, i really am excited about this season not expecting too much but think we'll play some decent stuff

Or this as a 4-3-3;

Carson

Wisdom       Keogh      Davies     Forsyth

Bryson        Thorne     Mount

Lawrence                                       Wilson

Martin

Quite excited.

Get Marriott or Abraham in after Mount and Wilson - and could be a very exciting season!

26 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

Or this as a 4-3-3;

Carson

Wisdom       Keogh      Davies     Forsyth

Bryson        Thorne     Mount

Lawrence                                       Wilson

Martin

Quite excited.

Get Marriott or Abraham in after Mount and Wilson - and could be a very exciting season!

Thorne and Forsyth will have to have a great pre season and come back much fitter to warrant a starting place....

Archived