Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Can imagine struggling to sell Vydra is causing Lampard some annoyance, but frankly I can’t say I’m that disappointed to miss out on Waghorn. One good season means that fee is a massive risk, there must be better options out there.

He looks a good player, but with our record on transfers it just screams of another Blackman signing to me. We've signed Blackman, Johnson, Butterfield and Shackell in recent years for fairly big fees off the back of some good form and they'll all probably end up leaving for nothing

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

He looks a good player, but with our record on transfers it just screams of another Blackman signing to me. We've signed Blackman, Johnson, Butterfield and Shackell in recent years for fairly big fees off the back of some good form and they'll all probably end up leaving for nothing

That’s exactly my fear also, buying players over the age of 25 based on one good season of form is dodgy business imo, if they were that good they’d have shown that form earlier, generally speaking. 

55 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

That’s exactly my fear also, buying players over the age of 25 based on one good season of form is dodgy business imo, if they were that good they’d have shown that form earlier, generally speaking. 

It's not like he's just come to our attention though, Clough used to try and sign him all the time, so it seemed.

I do agree at the fee mentioned, I'm not bothered about missing out though.

I just want to see some outs now, whether we can afford it or not the squad is too big to manage properly.

Archived