Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

Now this is more like it:

TWTD understands Derby County are now leading contenders in the chase for Blues striker Martyn Waghorn.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/33924

Would suit the high energy high press game that Lamps talks about down to the ground.

His was one of the standout performances from a lone centre forward at Pride Park last season in my opinion.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The South Shields-born striker, who is contracted to Town until the summer of 2019 with the club having an option for a further season, was the Blues' top scorer with 16 goals and also picked up 11 assists. No one else in the Championship was directly involved in more goals."

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Genuine question, is he any good?

I remember he signed for Leicester years ago for 3 million which was a lot of money, then we were linked with him, but since then I haven't really heard anything of him.

I really rate him. Always plays well against us. At the market rate we appear to be spending in he is as good as it gets.

6 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

thought wed got a way down the track a few years back but he didn't want to come to derby? In the clough years.....

I got to the point when I didn't want to go to Derby during the Clough years - he just sussed it out quicker than me....

34 minutes ago, MK-Ram said:

Is this website reliable?  It looks a bit more legitimate than other sources but I'm still cautious.

It is the man forum for news and fans of Ipswich pretty much as active as this one, my Ipswich season ticket holder mate says if it is on there then there is some truth in it.

He also says they will be looking for a similar fee to the 10million Bristol got for Reid.

2 minutes ago, Beagle said:

It is the man forum for news and fans of Ipswich pretty much as active as this one, my Ipswich season ticket holder mate says if it is on there then there is some truth in it.

He also says they will be looking for a similar fee to the 10million Bristol got for Reid.

In that case move on, they only paid 200,000 for him last season

I always (probably wrongly) got the impression he told Leicester he didn't want to come here despite our repeated interest, especially when he wound up on loan at Hull.

I do like the idea of signing him, but can't see it happening.

Firstly I can't see why he'd want to move and secondly I doubt Ipswich will be letting him go for anything less than £4m, maybe not even that low.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/martyn-waghorn-s-journey-from-street-footballer-in-south-shields-to-ipswich-town-1-5541692

“We’ve got a nice little set-up down here now. My little boy has just started school and is happy and settled. My parents have also moved down to Ipswich. Everyone is settled and that helps me, knowing my family is happy. I can’t ask for much more than that. It means I can just focus on playing football.”

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I always (probably wrongly) got the impression he told Leicester he didn't want to come here despite our repeated interest, especially when he wound up on loan at Hull.

I do like the idea of signing him, but can't see it happening.

Firstly I can't see why he'd want to move and secondly I doubt Ipswich will be letting him go for anything less than £4m, maybe not even that low.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/martyn-waghorn-s-journey-from-street-footballer-in-south-shields-to-ipswich-town-1-5541692

Why would he not want to come ? 

5 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Why would he not want to come ? 

Everything he says in that article about his private life. Sort of similar to how people don't think Carson would want to move - settled after years of moving about, playing the best football of his career etc

He does speak highly of Mick McCarthy though, so maybe MM leaving opens it up a little.

Archived