Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't understand why everyone is so gutted about signing him.

He's got a wicked left foot, great at set pieces. Is strong and quick and works really hard. Scores goals, Ipswich fans rate him. Rangers fans rated him. Leicester fans rated him....

I don't know how we are within FFP , but honestly I trust Mel and we must be or I Doubt we would be buying him.

Just now, northantsram said:

He's got a wicked left foot, great at set pieces. Is strong and quick and works really hard. Scores goals, Ipswich fans rate him. Rangers fans rated him. Leicester fans rated him....

I don't know how we are within FFP , but honestly I trust Mel and we must be or I Doubt we would be buying him.

Just wait until he scores a couple and covers every blade of grass on the pitch.. “derby hero”...

2 minutes ago, northantsram said:

Because we’re selling Vydra

4 minutes ago, northantsram said:

We're not. Well I'm not.

From the start of this thread I said he'd be a decent signing. 100%er, scores goals and wicked set pieces, what's not to like?

Leave the finances to the money men (man).

Is this real? Has Mel thrown caution to the wind? Seems unlikely to be true unless a great exodus is about to take place. I have however never seen a management team and players go barmy like they had won the league after the Lawrence goal.

www.smokeandmirrors. com

Not surprised. Mel always backs his man. Frank gives us a leg up on any other club in the league.

If Lamps wants the bloke, great. I'm dubious, but as ever fully behind any player coming into the club.

If Frank wants him that's good enough for me. He was superb against us at PP last year. 

Not comparable with Blackman signing - who'd heard of him at the time?

We've known about Waghorn for years and he's always been a more than decent player. Might get even better under Franks tutelage.

It is after all the sum of parts we're after. 

They dont all have to be sprinkled with stardust.

Remember the Eust under Mac1. 

How many thought he'd do the job he ended up doing?

Sit back and enjoy the ride. As someone else said, let the club worry about FFP, not our money is it. Remember that we are paying similar money now to watch Derby as we did when the 3 amigo's were in charge and we had a team full of poo loan players 

1 minute ago, Charlie Dram said:

He was superb against us at PP last year. 

Absolutely!

I'm sure some of our fans don't even bother to watch the opposition, choosing instead to focus on which of our players they can pick fault with!

I think for once in a truly long time Mel really positively believes in the project Frank has set out.

That's not to say we will go completely crazy in the transfer market but he will back Frank to get in his main targets.

Incomings will be have to be partly balanced by sales and loans.

I don't think Mel will allow us to fall fowl of FFP.

The may new cash injections into the club happening?

Archived