Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knew we was saving that number 9 shirt for someone. 

Waghorn had a very, very good last season but this does have the feel of a 'typical Derby signing' that I thought we moved away from. However, I'll trust Frank, he's clearly confident he'll be a good player for us otherwise he wouldn't have chased him for so long. First thing I'd do is get Waghorn on set plays, great left peg. 

1 hour ago, Doodle said:

To be fair it’s what they expect these days. Not a lovely part of the country to live. Newcastle can’t get decent players to go there, boro or Sunderland have no chance 

Plus the Pullis factor

Just now, Wolfie20 said:

Plus the Pullis factor

True. Who would you rather play for? Shithouse Pulis, or classy Frank? No contest, all else being equal.

5 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Knew we was saving that number 9 shirt for someone. 

Waghorn had a very, very good last season but this does have the feel of a 'typical Derby signing' that I thought we moved away from. However, I'll trust Frank, he's clearly confident he'll be a good player for us otherwise he wouldn't have chased him for so long. First thing I'd do is get Waghorn on set plays, great left peg. 

Ergo a number 5 is on the way! 

1 minute ago, RamLad1884 said:

Scary to think if this goes through we're yet to see our two main strikers for the season in this team. 

Marriott and Waghorn vying for the number 9 role has got to be the most luxurious dilemma we've had in the strike force in many a year 

Strikers with pace that can score goals will always be a valued commodity and we will have one of the top scorers from the championship who can also play as one of the wide men.

And the top scorer of the EFLs last season...

It's a really good statement of intent.

I said a long while back that he would be a good signing as he’s a bit like Jamie ward with his tenacity and determination allied with skill but the price is too high in my opinion but if he is a piece of a good jigsaw it matters not and I would expect him to replace nugent this season in the pecking order 

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

f38cc4f0-c30b-470e-b736-dd293cce90ec.jpg

I'm watching a recording of Hibs v Motherwell (BBC Alba - Gaelic commentary according to the Memsahib, but as I am deaf, who cares?) at the moment. Nothing changes with Conor Sammon. Still can't hit a cow's bum with a banjo.

Archived