Harry Wilson - Signed on a season long loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Also he doesn't need promotion as such as he will be back to Liverpool next season.

Decent thing to have on your CV though - It was one of the things the media kept quoting when we signed Palmer on loan last season

29 minutes ago, David said:

I'm led to believe that Rowett was a popular man in the dressing room.

Whilst I'm hopeful Lampard can get this one over the line, not sure we should dismiss Stoke's interest so easily over Rowett's style of football. 

They are spending a lot of money over there, money talks, whilst Stoke can't offer him more wages, the money spent could be seen as a higher chance of promotion to stick on the CV. 

I would say style of football only matters when a player doesn't see a role for himself in that team, Butterfield for example last season. If Wilson see's a place in Stoke's side that could easily be as tempting as a chance to work under Lampard and Morris.

Location could also play a part, they have the upper hand on us there, depending on where the lad lives (Chester?), may not have to move. 

As I say though, hopeful Lampard has him in the bag already, showed more willing, more desire and sold him Derby......or we have him locked up in Moor Farm with no phone access and just a pen and contract. 

All true, but stoke trying hard to sign Ritchie for £15 million and Mc Clean for £4-6 million tells a story that playing time would be seriously restricted 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

All true, but stoke trying hard to sign Ritchie for £15 million and Mc Clean for £4-6 million tells a story that playing time would be seriously restricted 

Yep, pretty sure that would be the first question asked by not only by Wilson but Liverpool as well. Whilst Percy has reported they have made a new bid, hasn't said if it's been accepted or not. Nixon also saying that only Derby have been given permission.

This fresh bid may be them moving on from other targets, guessing today will be a case of getting that signature on paper before Stoke have a chance to speak with him. 

Football is a ridiculous business- we are sweating on getting another teams reserve junior player! 

Rowett does want us to get the lad as he probably knows he will improve us - and he would look a bit stupid at stoke ! 

1 hour ago, David said:

I'm led to believe that Rowett was a popular man in the dressing room.

Whilst I'm hopeful Lampard can get this one over the line, not sure we should dismiss Stoke's interest so easily over Rowett's style of football. 

They are spending a lot of money over there, money talks, whilst Stoke can't offer him more wages, the money spent could be seen as a higher chance of promotion to stick on the CV. 

I would say style of football only matters when a player doesn't see a role for himself in that team, Butterfield for example last season. If Wilson see's a place in Stoke's side that could easily be as tempting as a chance to work under Lampard and Morris.

Location could also play a part, they have the upper hand on us there, depending on where the lad lives (Chester?), may not have to move. 

As I say though, hopeful Lampard has him in the bag already, showed more willing, more desire and sold him Derby......or we have him locked up in Moor Farm with no phone access and just a pen and contract. 

I hate to say it. But this is bang on.

Let's all hope he sees the light and his potential here

he only has to look at rowett last season to realise stoke is wrong from him as he likes his old men, we bring kasey parmer in and even tho he tge player with most ability he still didnt play him! where now we have lampard we have looked more to youth already then what we did the whole of last season!

Archived