Harry Wilson - Signed on a season long loan

DCFC1388

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was apparently the reason Hull turned relegation form around towards the end of last season. Liverpool fans rate him, but they rate Kent too and he isn’t rated by fans of Barnsley and Bristol where he spent the last two seasons. 

Can only judge on what we see I suppose. Personally, I’d like to see Thomas get his chance this season. 

10 minutes ago, zips200 said:

Why are we trying to sign two right wingers?

Doesn't Florian Jozefzoon play right wing too?

#confusedmackworth

Maybe we just had more than one target for the positions we're looking at?

Maybe Frank isn't happy with Thomas and Bennett being our alternatives to Lawrence and Wilson?

You need four solid wingers to make it through the season, can't just rely on two to produce the goods. 

3 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Was apparently the reason Hull turned relegation form around towards the end of last season. Liverpool fans rate him, but they rate Kent too and he isn’t rated by fans of Barnsley and Bristol where he spent the last two seasons. 

Can only judge on what we see I suppose. Personally, I’d like to see Thomas get his chance this season. 

3 hours ago, archied said:

Yep Thomas has very much earnt his chance to be in and around our first team squad

Agreed but we do need cover. We were desperately short of wingers before Weimann left and playing the kids relentlessly across a 50+ game season is asking for trouble. I'm guessing under Frank we'll see a deal of squad rotation if we are going to stick to a high energy, high-pressing game plan, so having 4 genuine wingers in the squad seems almost a mandatory requirement. 

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Agreed but we do need cover. We were desperately short of wingers before Weimann left and playing the kids relentlessly across a 50+ game season is asking for trouble. I'm guessing under Frank we'll see a deal of squad rotation if we are going to stick to a high energy, high-pressing game plan, so having 4 genuine wingers in the squad seems almost a mandatory requirement. 

According to Alan Nixon, clause in Wilson's contract is that he has to play (same as Kent at Bristol City last year). I'm not happy if that is true.  As I said earlier, this is a transition season. We're unlikely to be gunning for promotion if we lose Vydra etc. We should develop pur own and not premier league club's players

Just now, feisty said:

According to Alan Nixon, clause in Wilson's contract is that he has to play (same as Kent at Bristol City last year). I'm not happy if that is true.  As I said earlier, this is a transition season. We're unlikely to be gunning for promotion if we lose Vydra etc. We should develop pur own and not premier league club's players

How true are these clauses that folk talk about? Can loaning clubs really demand a player must play, whatever the circumstances?

1 minute ago, feisty said:

He will have to play a certain median percentage of games over league/ cup games, he won’t have to play every single game. 

I think it’s a fantastic bit of business, very, very highly regarded 

6 minutes ago, feisty said:

Did we have the same clause when we loaned Butterfield to Sheffield Wednesday? Bet they are regretting that now.....

3 minutes ago, feisty said:

Bar Weimann, we haven’t weakened our squad that finished 6th. This lad could be a real improvement on Weimann, so it can only be positive. If we sell Vydra, we will (hopefully) be signing players that will suit our new formation/style better, which should enrich our chances of a good season. Sure, it’s a transition season in the sense that we are lowering the age of our squad/wage bill, and we have changed our manager/style of play, but we still have a capable squad, so I see no reason why we shouldn’t be chasing that top 6. 

6 minutes ago, Derbados said:

He will have to play a certain median percentage of games over league/ cup games, he won’t have to play every single game. 

I think it’s a fantastic bit of business, very, very highly regarded 

He may be highly regarded. But so is Luke Thomas. Why not develop him?

Archived