Florian Jozefzoon - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

17 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Why on earth assume that?!

Very coincidental don’t you think? To not be fit to train in any first team session after 2 months off? Must have been a fun off season for him! 

Furthermore, if you read Jody Morris’s comments after the Mansfield game, where he said that he’s not even close to being involved, makes you assume that there’s more going on than an injury 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Donnyram said:

Why on earth would we want to sell Laurence??  I honestly think he will have a big part to play this season if only people would get off his back - confidence is a wonderful thing

Wasn't disagreeing. I think Lawrence by virtue of being young and ours is the type of player to build around.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With Wilson mainly playing on the left and Jozefzoon mainly on the right, does this mean Lawrence will play centrally, or is he competing with Wilson? Leaving Jozefzoon competing with Bennett and Thomas for the RW spot?

I think Wilson mainly plays on the right but can play on the left

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, Rample said:

I'm guessing Vyds will be off in some way shape or form. 

Regardless, I don't think Lamps would play him as a second striker. I do think he may try him as a no. 9 but I can't see anything having changed. Martin looks a clear best bet from what we have on our books. 

Difficult to see anyone giving us our money back for Lawrence - maybe Norwich, Wigan or someone could surprise us, but I imagine we will persevere in the hope that this year he regains that Ipswich spell.

With regards to playing 433 so far I think the fact we're currently giving game time to a surplus of midfielders and forwards is part of the reason. Wilson, Mount and Josefzoon obviously not been available. Southampton will be a better indication. Could really do with Vydra playing them off the park and them signing him the following day. 

Well whether we get our money  back for Lawrence or not, if he isn’t in the team then we might look to sell him. Having signed two wingers, I think it will be moving him to playing him in the hole, or from the bench. Or selling him. We will see. 

8 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Well whether we get our money  back for Lawrence or not, if he isn’t in the team then we might look to sell him. Having signed two wingers, I think it will be moving him to playing him in the hole, or from the bench. Or selling him. We will see. 

We won't have a "hole".

4-3-3 has 1 defensive midfielder, 2 midfielders pushing on, 2 wingers, and a centre forward. Lawrence will play on the left this season, but you need options on the wing and Josefzoon will be a rotational/bench option in most games, with Wilson the main man on the right.

5 hours ago, sage said:

To Frank Sinatras Fly me to the moon

Florian Josefzoon

Come and play amongst the stars

Come and see how football's played

O

In other words, ...

Someone else can finish the rest.

“On Jupiter and Mars...”

Reminds me of a famous line of commentary the other year when Wolves had a player called Jupiter...

”long ball to Jupiter...” more befitting of Rowettball methinks ?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With Wilson mainly playing on the left and Jozefzoon mainly on the right, does this mean Lawrence will play centrally, or is he competing with Wilson? Leaving Jozefzoon competing with Bennett and Thomas for the RW spot?

Jozefzoon to my knowledge has never played centrally. He is an out and out right winger.

Wilson can play left or right, but where he has been deployed by managers suggests he is better on the left.

Lawrence has played mostly centrally, being forced onto the left for us due to Vydra. His peak form for Ipswich he was in a central role.

To only play 2 for all matches would be a waste of one of our marquee players. If we play just wingers I expect he would end up behind Wilson, making the odd cameo.

I'd expect in a 3 if someone is out, Lawrence will shift over and someone will move into the centre (Palmer?). The whole thing is operable with 5 players and Thomas as back up, then Bennett and Gordon as his back up.

Of course it's all flexible, there would be games suited to 41221, 4231, 4141 and times if he's still here to play Vydra further forward as a deep striker rather than advanced mid. I can also see him covering left forward if still here. 

Whatever he picks the options are great. 

5 hours ago, Pottig said:

ZOON ZOON ZOON ZOON

FLORIAN JOSEFZOON

NEVER MIND THE WEATH-ER

HE'LL BANG THEM IN FOR-EVER

Now that makes more sense. I was trying to fit it to the vengabus is coming not boom boom boom boom. ?

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

Jozefzoon to my knowledge has never played centrally. He is an out and out right winger.

Wilson can play left or right, but where he has been deployed by managers suggests he is better on the left.

Lawrence has played mostly centrally, being forced onto the left for us due to Vydra. His peak form for Ipswich he was in a central role.

To only play 2 for all matches would be a waste of one of our marquee players. If we play just wingers I expect he would end up behind Wilson, making the odd cameo.

I'd expect in a 3 if someone is out, Lawrence will shift over and someone will move into the centre (Palmer?). The whole thing is operable with 5 players and Thomas as back up, then Bennett and Gordon as his back up.

Of course it's all flexible, there would be games suited to 41221, 4231, 4141 and times if he's still here to play Vydra further forward as a deep striker rather than advanced mid. I can also see him covering left forward if still here. 

Whatever he picks the options are great. 

Lawrence spent a lot of time for Ipswich on the left actually, and played very well there. Sure he'd look good centrally, but that's just because he'd be more involved.

Wilson is left footed, which means if he plays on the right he can cut in, or he could swap with Lawrence and they can attack full backs on the outside.

Josefzoon won't be making the odd cameo. He'll be part of a rotation of wingers, which is necessary with a high tempo game. Wingers tend to get a lot of niggly injuries, like hamstrings etc, so it's important to use more than 2 primarily. That wouldn't make it a waste, just an effective use of options over a long season.

I'd wager we will very rarely play a 3 behind the striker.

21 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

“On Jupiter and Mars...”

Reminds me of a famous line of commentary the other year when Wolves had a player called Jupiter...

”long ball to Jupiter...” more befitting of Rowettball methinks ?

He was called Mark Venus.

Archived