Florian Jozefzoon - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

1 minute ago, Rample said:

I'd say it's 7 for 3 positions, 2 wingers and the attacking mid role.

Anya isn't really a forward, and only Wilson/Lawrence are central/left (plus maybe Mount) so we could afford to add either Hudson-Odoi or Palmer - likelihood is 1 or 2 will get subbed each match.

Maybe the best option would be to loan Thomas out, help him conquer his nerves, and then bring him back as a first teamer in either Jan or next season?

Someone will take always take Bennett on loan but we really should try and make him a player.  Endless loan moves will just end up with him being released.

I think it’s up to HIM really!?

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Is it me and I’m only going on what I read elsewhere,

I’m sure mount is more likely to play in the 2 ahead of Huddlestone 

so Huddlestone, Bryson Mount 

not Lawrence, Mount, Wilson in the 3 ahead 

You mean:

…………………………………………………...Carson...……………………………………….

Wisdom...……………..Keogh...………………………….Davies...………………..Forsyth

…………………………………………Huddlestone...…………………………………………..

………………….Bryson...………………………………………….…Mount...……………….

Wilson...………………………………????????…………………………………….Lawrence

12 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

You mean:

…………………………………………………...Carson...……………………………………….

Wisdom...……………..Keogh...………………………….Davies...………………..Forsyth

…………………………………………Huddlestone...…………………………………………..

………………….Bryson...………………………………………….…Mount...……………….

Wilson...………………………………????????…………………………………….Lawrence

Yep, Mount more Alongside Bryson than Lawrence and say Wilson 

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/derby-county-set-sign-florian-1805444

Derby County are expected to complete the signing of Brentford winger Florian Jozefzoon today.

The 27-year-old had a medical yesterday and he is set to sign a three-year deal. The fee is undisclosed.

He will become manager Frank Lampard's third signing in as many days after Mason Mount and Harry Wilson arrived on season-long loans from Chelsea and Liverpool. 

Jozefzoon, who can play wide or through the middle, joined Brentford in January last year and he has scored eight goals in 58 league games with 21 of them coming as a substitute.

"Florian is a talented player who is an explosive ball carrier and will bring another dimension to our play," Bees' head coach Dean Smith said of Jozefzoon when he arrived at Griffin Park.

PistoldPete2
8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He's not very tall. Can't see him as the central striker.

Strange signing.

Through the middle... Could be middle of the field?

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Through the middle... Could be middle of the field?

Middle of the midfield?  Who knows.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He's not very tall. Can't see him as the central striker.

Strange signing.

Surprise signing maybe but not strange. I have to admit I'm constantly amazed at just how much (or in truth how little) fans know about opposition players - as soon as there's rumour of interest in a player then he's 'not worth the money' or a 'huge risk' or 'he'll rip this division'.

Lampard will know far more than any fan the qualities that Jozefzoon can bring to the squad and I'm fairly sure he will have actually seen him play a number of times - after all, Brentford is just up the road from Chelsea.  Nevertheless, irrespective of who the manager is, there will always be an element of risk to every signing so let's wait and see.how he does.

2 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

Neither were Hector and O`Hare.... They didn't do too bad 

Now you're making me reminisce!  Still, it was a different era then and players generally weren't as tall as they are these days. 

Archived