Florian Jozefzoon - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

1 hour ago, lukedcfc said:

For squad morale we definitely need to shift at least 5. Forsyth, Johnson, blackman, Thorne and Martin would be my choice, getting takers might be difficult though. 

Given Lowes' injury record plus his inexperience and assuming there are no further additions, let Forsyth go who will you put at LB?

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

So you are guessing vydra is off? Or could we sell Lawrence instead ? 

I'm guessing Vyds will be off in some way shape or form. 

Regardless, I don't think Lamps would play him as a second striker. I do think he may try him as a no. 9 but I can't see anything having changed. Martin looks a clear best bet from what we have on our books. 

Difficult to see anyone giving us our money back for Lawrence - maybe Norwich, Wigan or someone could surprise us, but I imagine we will persevere in the hope that this year he regains that Ipswich spell.

With regards to playing 433 so far I think the fact we're currently giving game time to a surplus of midfielders and forwards is part of the reason. Wilson, Mount and Josefzoon obviously not been available. Southampton will be a better indication. Could really do with Vydra playing them off the park and them signing him the following day. 

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Given Lowes' injury record plus his inexperience and assuming there are no further additions, let Forsyth go who will you put at LB?

Anya if he's fit, proven in the championship, and needs more of a chance imo.

1 minute ago, lukedcfc said:

Anya if he's fit, proven in the championship, and needs more of a chance imo.

You'd play Anya at LB for 40 games in the Championship? No thanks - I'll stick with Fozzy unless we bring in a straight replacement upgrade

Maybe Jody Morris or lampard have seen this guy a lot with Brentford being next door to Chelsea but us locals to Derby know very little of him - but welcome to Derby county 

I can only see him playing wide so he will be one of 4-5 wide players either starting or coming of the bench 

15 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

You'd play Anya at LB for 40 games in the Championship? No thanks - I'll stick with Fozzy unless we bring in a straight replacement upgrade

Once he leaves Anya will be one of the most disappointing transfers we have made. Take out your emotion and the fact he's a decent bloke, he's been awful value for money. Really poor signing imo

Just now, 'Rambe33 said:

Once he leaves Anya will be one of the most disappointing transfers we have made. Take out your emotion and the fact he's a decent bloke, he's been awful value for money. Really poor signing imo

I don’t need him to leave to know that ?

36 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I love these ideas for songs.  Shame the reality is that the South Stand will mumble a couple of bars of ‘since I was young’ before  steadfastly standing with their hands in their pockets for 88 minutes and the rest of the ground sits quietly and politely waiting for somebody else to start a chant (or tutting loudly when somebody tries to)... or is that too harsh?

Anyway.  Good luck to him.  I expect (or hope) he will be an improvement on Weimann.  

Really don't understand why so many people still have digs at the south stand. Without them there wouldn't be an atmosphere whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Rample said:

Given the players signed I can't see anything other than 4231.

Mount and Huddlestone central

Josefzoon Lawrence Wilson in front of them, and a lone striker

Mount is closer to a number ten than a CM. He played an advanced role from the left side of CM in a 3 last year. No point stifling a goal scoring midfielder by sticking him in a double pivot.

55 minutes ago, Rample said:

I'm guessing Vyds will be off in some way shape or form. 

Regardless, I don't think Lamps would play him as a second striker. I do think he may try him as a no. 9 but I can't see anything having changed. Martin looks a clear best bet from what we have on our books. 

Difficult to see anyone giving us our money back for Lawrence - maybe Norwich, Wigan or someone could surprise us, but I imagine we will persevere in the hope that this year he regains that Ipswich spell.

With regards to playing 433 so far I think the fact we're currently giving game time to a surplus of midfielders and forwards is part of the reason. Wilson, Mount and Josefzoon obviously not been available. Southampton will be a better indication. Could really do with Vydra playing them off the park and them signing him the following day. 

Why on earth would we want to sell Laurence??  I honestly think he will have a big part to play this season if only people would get off his back - confidence is a wonderful thing

Just now, Donnyram said:

Why on earth would we want to sell Laurence??  I honestly think he will have a big part to play this season if only people would get off his back - confidence is a wonderful thing

We might sell him if that £7 million was all we were going to get in - economics and all that - that said Rowett is buying Ince so unlikely 

1 minute ago, Donnyram said:

I firmly believe Lawrence is in for a big, big season. last season we was playing in quite a rigid role that didn't really suit him. This year we should see him freed up and playing with confidence.

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm very pleased the club are yet again backing the manager but we are still adding to the squad size. We must be seriously shifting a few soon surely!

it will be the end of loans period before we shift some of our deadwood

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

At what point does Vydra get back involved? The season starts 2 weeks today, and he’d be in the 11 if he’s fit. The club stating he’s injured, you’d assume, isn’t true 

Vydra hardly took part in pre season last year if my memory is correct - then again neither did chris Martin and Rowett stuck him in for the first two games 

Just now, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I think you’re right. I remember him scoring in a friendly though at PP (German team?) 

Yep, dreadful backpass 

anyway is our best forward so far mason Bennett - it could be a season revaluation put up front

Archived