Derby Goal scorers

Oldben

With the exception of vydra, which derby players can score at least 15 goals in a season. (Admitting here jerome cant do it.)

Which derby players have the potential to score between 12 and 15 goals.

I think any striker at derby who scores less than 12 can now be sold what do you think?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends how we set up and how many minutes they get?

Jerome,Vydra,Nuge and Wardrobe are all more than capable.

I would guess Nuge won’t get as many minutes and the others are reliant on how we set up or play.

You can sell any of them for the right money.

41 minutes ago, Oldben said:

With the exception of vydra, which derby players can score at least 15 goals in a season. (Admitting here jerome cant do it.)

Which derby players have the potential to score between 12 and 15 goals.

I think any striker at derby who scores less than 12 can now be sold what do you think?

Why do you think Jerome can't do it? 

Capable?

Based on their history: Jerome, Nugent, Martin, Bryson & Johnson have all done it at this level previously.

With 11 in 25, Blackman would likely have done it if he'd not left Reading for Derby.

Plenty of players capable if we play to their strengths.

People underestimate the capability of many of our players.

Personally I don't really care that much how many goals an individual player scores provided we get the results and end of season league position right. If we won the league playing entertaining football I'd be happy if wisdom or Keogh was our top scorer. 

Looking at the current crop I'd say there's plenty who may step up this season. Martin, Bryson, Lawrence, Blackman have all scored double figures for either us or other clubs. 

That's assuming we don't get a loan or new player that'll do it for us this year 

57 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Looking at the current crop I'd say there's plenty who may step up this season. Martin, Bryson, Lawrence, Blackman have all scored double figures for either us or other clubs

Forget about these losers. Start looking at the Chelsea kids who are going to storm in and rip the Championship apart with Rams on their chests.

23 minutes ago, toddy said:

Past it.

20 minutes ago, curtains said:

I think we should keep them for walking football games. 

Look at the insight and humour in these posts! hahahahahaha. I'm rolling on the floor. Guys please stop, it's hurting now hahahahhaa

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because?

Theres better out there. We want to see a direct pacy forward up top who can go past players and consistently score goals - non of these players can. Nugent in my eyes is past it. Martin is a has been and always ends up in trouble. Jerome is an average player and doesn't improve our squad.

3 minutes ago, Edtheram said:

Theres better out there. We want to see a direct pacy forward up top who can go past players and consistently score goals - non of these players can. 

That's the only way to score goals is it? Just out of interest how much will one of those cost (although I think Jerome could still do that at this level), while we're selling or loaning the other strikers for next to nowt (bar Vydra, we'd be nuts not to cash in on him).

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

Nugent, Martin and Jerome all need to be sold......

To be fair. The only one who has RECENTLY proved he can still do it is Jerome. Nugent would be an impact player at best and Martin has yet to prove himself in any other than a 433. All players tend to perform given the right circumstances. 

For me the verdict is out until we know exactly what system Lampard is playing and whether that will suit who we have.

Archived