Marcus Maddison - Joined Charlton

Cam the Ram

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

Hi 

Was it all bullsh1t that he had been training with us?

I am assuming so, otherwise we'd have announced he's joining us, or have I missed something along the line?

56 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Yes, it was bs. Came from one of those fake transfer twitter accounts. 

Or we felt that he couldn't add anything to the team?

He would be starting today if he was a Derby player. Absolutely no doubt in my mind. In a week or two, it probably wouldn’t be the case but providing he doesn’t want crazy wages then I’d take him for squad depth. The team lacks depth in attacking areas anyway and this season could prove to lead to a number of injuries - even Covid cases. 

I still cant believe he doesnt yet have a club.

If he has no takers, you wouldnt expect him to be asking for big wages, a year deal on 5k a week with the option of an extension could be a cheap option.

What I will say is, Derby will be well aware of this option, if we arent interested in a freebie that we allegedly wanted in the past, there must be a reason.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If he has no takers, you wouldnt expect him to be asking for big wages, a year deal on 5k a week with the option of an extension could be a cheap option.

What I will say is, Derby will be well aware of this option, if we arent interested in a freebie that we allegedly wanted in the past, there must be a reason.

we don't know hes not been offered 5k a week by someone but is holding out for the 40k he thinks hes worth 

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

That we have never ever wanted him in the past? I don’t wish to dismiss the journalistic integrity of the Reading Chronicle but even they might now think our alleged interest in 2018 was somewhat wide of the mark.

Maddison will be picked out of the Bargain Bin by someone at the end of the window, probably Scunthorpe, on a deal which might just mean he can still get an occasional artistic addition from Lost Time Tattoo Parlour of Peterborough.

Will someone please close this ducking thread.

Difficult decision for him i guess (if it’s true) as the “offer” will not be that great I am sure.

I would guess if he does not get a better one in a couple of weeks then he may be forced to take it.

Think if it were me I would sign a 6 month deal to Jan and hope to get a pay raise it Derby or a better off from another club then.

Archived