Marcus Maddison - Joined Charlton

Cam the Ram

27 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I wonder if he's a classic too good for one league, not stand out in another - Like Vydra or Ince - People expect them to step up and bag 10+ goals a season cos they got loads in the lower league - Where actually they might have had a system built around them - I suspect Hull saw him as someone to pull them out of a hole and quickly realised he wasn't much better than what they already had

I bet he'd be decent for someone in the championship - I also bet he would be behind Sibley and Holmes in our pecking order so don't see the point in going for him

Didn't he have long hair? Pretty sure that's all you needed to be classed as a trouble maker then - Standards have changed somewhat since then...

then he got it permed!!! bloody troublemaker lol

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, RamNut said:

Charlie never really was a trouble maker. It was all a bit of a myth. 

He still had an edge to him which I liked I remember him getting sent off I think was against Bolton ...was my hero Charlie and the very reason why I’m a Derby fan having followed him as a kid from my Arsenal supporting family ...I changed allegiances the day he transferred to Derby ...the sort of thing you did when you were very young ...?

8 hours ago, S8TY said:

He still had an edge to him which I liked I remember him getting sent off I think was against Bolton ...was my hero Charlie and the very reason why I’m a Derby fan having followed him as a kid from my Arsenal supporting family ...I changed allegiances the day he transferred to Derby ...the sort of thing you did when you were very young ...?

Charlie, Bruce & King Kevin .... what’s not to like in them days ?

8 hours ago, S8TY said:

That’s exactly the same reason I’m a Derby fan . Gooner by birth living in Hackney but when King Charlie left Arsenal I immediately switched allegiance and followed the Rams ever since. I tried to name my son Charlie George after the King but my Mrs( now ex) wasn’t having any of it .

Don’t know why . She just didn’t get it I guess lol

38 minutes ago, Jortat said:

That’s exactly the same reason I’m a Derby fan . Gooner by birth living in Hackney but when King Charlie left Arsenal I immediately switched allegiance and followed the Rams ever since. I tried to name my son Charlie George after the King but my Mrs( now ex) wasn’t having any of it .

Don’t know why . She just didn’t get it I guess lol

lol Fantastic story mate ...same as me basically....we've had ups and downs as a team and i do sometimes wonder how it would've been to have supported a side who won leagues and cups like the Gooners have but no regrets Derby is my team and in my heart and soul 

Charlie was a bit of a lad and so confident and i will never forget his game against Real Madrid where we were cheated out of the second leg

6 hours ago, S8TY said:

lol Fantastic story mate ...same as me basically....we've had ups and downs as a team and i do sometimes wonder how it would've been to have supported a side who won leagues and cups like the Gooners have but no regrets Derby is my team and in my heart and soul 

Charlie was a bit of a lad and so confident and i will never forget his game against Real Madrid where we were cheated out of the second leg

Definitely weren't cheated out of this leg.. 2 soft pens and a Madrid goal disallowed that was clearly onside ?

I was very underwhelmed when we signed Charlie George because most of what I 'knew' of him came from the press, who hyped his bad boy image just like they do with big name players today. 

Once I saw him play for Derby with my own eyes he very quickly became one of my favourite players and remains so to this day.

Marcus Maddison? Not fit to clean Charlie's boots!

In all honesty, looking at it now, Maddison is would make sense given our position. He’s proven to link up well with our probable first choice striker and judging by the figures and where we stand with regards to P&S then it at least adds depth to what is likely to be an unorthodox season. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us get this one done. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

In all honesty, looking at it now, Maddison is would make sense given our position. He’s proven to link up well with our probable first choice striker and judging by the figures and where we stand with regards to P&S then it at least adds depth to what is likely to be an unorthodox season. 

Frankly, you should change your username.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Frankly, you should change your username.

Ambition is different to optimism. 

If the accounts are correct and we recorded a loss of £31m+ in 18/19 then we are really up against it this season. In a three year (now four) rolling period: 
18/19 - -31m
19/20 - ? 
20/21 - 
21/22 -

unless we recorded a healthy profit again last season, we're pretty close to the line. I'd say we're in a fairly bleak position overall, minus our extremely productive academy who we will be praying gets us some a) money and b) players in the first team. 

25 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

If the accounts are correct and we recorded a loss of £31m+ in 18/19 then we are really up against it this season. In a three year (now four) rolling period: 
18/19 - -31m
19/20 - ? 
20/21 - 
21/22 -

unless we recorded a healthy profit again last season, we're pretty close to the line. I'd say we're in a fairly bleak position overall, minus our extremely productive academy who we will be praying gets us some a) money and b) players in the first team. 

Not sure your starting point is necessarily right, but I am well aware that the financial stewardship of the club in recent years has left us in a pretty bleak position generally. As for Maddison, not for me and I would be amazed if for the club. I won’t waste my time on the reasons why, given that this thread seems to still be debating an interest from 2018 brought to us by the journalistic luminaries of the DET poncing a nothing story from the Reading Chronicle.

31 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

18/19 - -31m
19/20 - ? 
20/21 - 
21/22 -

This isn't really the thread and has probably been discussed elsewhere but surely due to CV19, they will have to amend some of the losses clubs are permitted for last season and this season?

55 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Hope this isn't true, he's a mid table winger at the very best! Id rather not have him on the wage bill at all. Good wingers get you out of the division and for me he wouldn't helps us kick on towards the playoffs. 

10 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Hope this isn't true, he's a mid table winger at the very best! Id rather not have him on the wage bill at all. Good wingers get you out of the division and for me he wouldn't helps us kick on towards the playoffs. 

Whilst I agree good wingers make the difference in a team , they also come with a hefty price , and i think we are struggling financially so unless there's another free agent that is a better option he is probably our best decision, hopefully we have a little to spend and can get someone like jozwiak but I don't think that is the case 

Archived