Jack Marriott - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Just our resident cosmologist has said there's interest from Huddersfield - and of course his omission from the squad today.

@Carl Sagan doesn't make crap up - he's not like that @King Kevin with his "two loans signed and sorted" billhooks. 

It obviously might be nowt - I was just wondering what everyone thinks the fee would be.

No idea on what the fee would be, but I'd be very surprised if Huddersfield were willing to spend whatever it would take at this stage of the season. In the summer once they come down maybe, but right now, nah

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Just our resident cosmologist has said there's interest from Huddersfield - and of course his omission from the squad today.

@Carl Sagan doesn't make crap up - he's not like that @King Kevin with his "two loans signed and sorted" billhooks. 

It obviously might be nowt - I was just wondering what everyone thinks the fee would be.

Marriott has more goals against premiership teams than Huddersfield have 

7 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Marriott has more goals against premiership teams than Huddersfield have 

These high profile cup matches against premier league opposition could well have brought Jack/Jayden/others to the attention of bigger* clubs. Hopefully Jack fancies a promotion & FA cup winning season with the rams instead of a quick ticket to the Prem.

*Not that I'm saying Huddersfield are a bigger club like. Far from it.

30 minutes ago, jono said:

He wasn’t in the squad today because he’s carrying a knock or a niggle. Not ITK just obvious from how he was moving in the last game. 

FL said illness. Where has this link come from ? And why would he go to huddesfield, he's just got here, on his way up. Huddesfield are on their way down. 

10 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

FL said illness. Where has this link come from ? And why would he go to huddesfield, he's just got here, on his way up. Huddesfield are on their way down. 

Somebody on this forum plucked it out their arse and now apparently everybody is believing it, despite the fact there is no newspapers reporting this. He was ill and he'll play on Friday.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Somebody on this forum plucked it out their arse and now apparently everybody is believing it, despite the fact there is no newspapers reporting this. He was ill and he'll play on Friday.

I'm sure Carl has heard it from what he regards as a reliable source. Just to clarify he said Huddersfield were sniffing. No offer, no deal imminent, just sniffing. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Tbf Carl is normally reliable... tho I heard today Nugent is on his bike (less surprising), but if both go? Would be a bloody busy week

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I'm sure Carl has heard it from what he regards as a reliable source. Just to clarify he said Huddersfield were sniffing. No offer, no deal imminent, just sniffing. 

Haha yeah exactly - @Carl Sagan has absolutely not said it's a done deal or anything like that - just a sniff. It's me that's made a bigger deal of it. 

We need summat to talk about tho eh? Quiet window and that.

So... who's replacing him???

48 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Not surprised, about the only sniff of Marriott for Huddersfield will be a cold from living oop north.

The lads not stupid, why would he go there for just under half a season, when he can thrive and prosper under Frank at least a full season, if not more.

Unless we are desperate I wouldn’t  see club nor player wanting a move, So whether Carl has heard it or not, highly unlikely I.m.o.

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Is he off to Huddersfield now then? How much do we think we're looking at?

To be fair, if we make an FFP changing massive profit and Waghorn gets trusted to take his place through the middle - it might not be the worst thing in the world.

We need a good player coming in though to appease us angry fans and keep the promotion push on track.

You listening Frank?!

bull.jpg.32fd92ecebfb85b319b813d85702d6a7.jpg

Nothing to worry about here, I’m not ITK but common sense would tell you that this would be reported somewhere if there was anything in it.

For Huddersfield to be sniffing, they would also need to know about it, what did they do ask Derby about him ? Seems strange that this info is more readily available on a fans forum than through people whose job it is to find these things out...what do I know though ?

11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Tbf Carl is normally reliable... tho I heard today Nugent is on his bike (less surprising), but if both go? Would be a bloody busy week

Would be very surprised to see nugent go anywhere in jan.  Out of contract in the summer so he can then negotiate a signing on fee with whoever. 

5 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Nothing to worry about here, I’m not ITK but common sense would tell you that this would be reported somewhere if there was anything in it.

For Huddersfield to be sniffing, they would also need to know about it, what did they do ask Derby about him ? Seems strange that this info is more readily available on a fans forum than through people whose job it is to find these things out...what do I know though ?

It seems pretty clear that since Rush left there are no ITKs on this forum.  There are a couple though, Carl Sagan included, who do have trusted long-term friendship with some close club contacts.  If Carl says there has been interest (from Huddersfield), I for one accept that as being the case but as l posted yesterday it would be a strange world indeed if Jack or any other promising young striker in the Championship was not of interest to the lower Prem Teams.  In my view this thread should be locked until Nixon picks up on this idle chitter chatter.

It does seem a strange one. It'll take a lot more than Jack Marriott to keep Huddersfield up. Would Jack really be up for a couple of months not scoring goals in a really bad team and then back to the Championship? I'd be staying put if I were him.

Archived