2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

What are they going to do with the Aitor flag where he’s depicted as Che Guevara? 

The plan was to put it into a time capsule with their Fawaz Day costumes and bury it under the pitch over the summer, but the council refused them permission. Its their land I guess, it is what it is.

Interesting comment from an Olympiakos fan on the Notts Forest forum. Out of the Fawaz frying pan and into the fire?

"Hello there Forest fans, I'm greek and Olympiakos fan. I want to say a few words about your new regime.
I'm sorry to disappoint you but I want to let you know what you're in for a world of pain.
First of all backing a manager means nothing to these guys. It's common to back a manager one day and then fire him the next without giving an explanation to the fans. Take a look at how many Olympiakos managers have been sacked in the last 3 years. There is no long term planning and anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to deceive you.
Every year they bring a ton of obscure new players just so they can sell them for a profit. No chance of building a solid core. Instead they happily satisfy the whims of every agent and leave the longevity of the club for later.
Working class? What's that? Do you have any idea who are these guys? Marinakis is a shady partner in dealings with the golden dawn ( that's the greek neo-nazi for you) and a staunch supporter of the greek hardcore conservative party. Do you really think he gives a poo about you people and your hardships? He wants to expand his shipping/media empire by any means possible and you and your club are just a means to that end."

1 hour ago, Shipley Ram said:

Interesting comment from an Olympiakos fan on the Notts Forest forum. Out of the Fawaz frying pan and into the fire?

"Hello there Forest fans, I'm greek and Olympiakos fan. I want to say a few words about your new regime.
I'm sorry to disappoint you but I want to let you know what you're in for a world of pain.
First of all backing a manager means nothing to these guys. It's common to back a manager one day and then fire him the next without giving an explanation to the fans. Take a look at how many Olympiakos managers have been sacked in the last 3 years. There is no long term planning and anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to deceive you.
Every year they bring a ton of obscure new players just so they can sell them for a profit. No chance of building a solid core. Instead they happily satisfy the whims of every agent and leave the longevity of the club for later.
Working class? What's that? Do you have any idea who are these guys? Marinakis is a shady partner in dealings with the golden dawn ( that's the greek neo-nazi for you) and a staunch supporter of the greek hardcore conservative party. Do you really think he gives a poo about you people and your hardships? He wants to expand his shipping/media empire by any means possible and you and your club are just a means to that end."

To be fair, I think they all (or most) know this already.

4 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

Eh? Hows that going to work........is he hoping to launch a raid on Radio Trent and takeover the rowing club???

??

I'm well surprised by this Karanka story. Forest are having their best season in decades and rather than be happy with a 12th place finish, they want to gamble it all for a chance to finish 8th.

I imagine they have only just finished celebrating that point they got at our place a few weeks ago. Just as Forest fans are on cloud 9, the powers that be are gonna screw it up for them again.

2 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Dont know what you’re getting at. The Greeks are known to make casual references to the working class as much as us Brits. ?

I thought that all the working class Greeks took early retirement paid by EU.  First and last quasi political comment of 2019

Archived