Cameron Jerome - Signed for Göztepe

RiddingsRam

8 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Derby fans are weird..... your play off place was secured late in the season, you got into the play-offs, and from there anything could happen?

Well you've confused me.... try finishing 14th. ?

You probably had to be here. 

12 points from the 8 games he played. Thats mid-table form.

we were falling from second and only "secured" a play off place by running out of anymore games to lose it. One more league game and we'd have dropped out of the top 6. 

I'm not sure anyone believed we would beat fulham. 

as for norwich.....well i do occasionally watch that talknorwichcity thing and there seemed to be more support for das farke than there was for alex neill. 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, jono said:

Meh .. whatever ... good lad, worked hard, caused no problems, ready when called on, scored some good goals. I wish him the very best wherever he goes, even the dogs. 

Clearly not the future but struck me as a thoroughly decent professional and human being. Can’t remember the game off the cuff, but remember two CB’s that got bullied brilliantly by CJ all night in a top class centre forwards performance. Cheers !

Next please

Cardiff at home.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

You probably had to be here. 

12 points from the 8 games he played. Thats mid-table form.

we were falling from second and only "secured" a play off place by running out of anymore games to lose it. One more league game and we'd have dropped out of the top 6. 

I'm not sure anyone believed we would beat fulham. 

as for norwich.....well i do occasionally watch that talknorwichcity thing and there seemed to be more support for das farke than there was for alex neill. 

Sounds like you're talking rubbish to me.... you got 7 points in your final 3 league games to secure your play off place and Jerome scored in all three of them.... his 2 goals at Cardiff and 1 goal at Villa were worth 3 points (2+1), and you finished 2 points above Preston in 7th.

If he hadn't come into form at the end of that season you probably wouldn't have finished 6th, fine margins because you'd probably consider him to be a legend if you'd gone up as play off winners in the same way that we think that Simeon Jackson is a legend even though he's utter dog poo. 

Norwich fans are losing patience with Farke.... and TalkNorwichCity is crap, they are both boring posh kids who were brought up on Waitrose nosh and have probably never been in an Asda. Plus somebody needs to tell Jack that his bird is falling down the scale at an alarming rate, pretty sure she was an 8 when unveiled and is now a 6, unless he's downgraded recently. Or up the scale, depending on what way you look at it. 

Support for TalkNorwichCity seems to be at its highest amongst those aged under 21 whose mummy and daddy haven't let them go to an away game with their mates yet 

Good luck to the bloke. 1 goal in 15/16 games prior to him hitting form at the end of the season. No surprise that we're happy to sell. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll get anything like what we paid, but if he's off the wage bill then it only benefits us. 

He's probably 5th/6th in the queue at this stage, all for one position. 

25 minutes ago, Kyle guest said:

Fair play to him for actually wanting to play football instead of just sitting around picking up a pay check at the end of the week like Martin, Anya, Butterfield etc.

Harsh, especially considering two were out on loan last year in hope of first team football. 

Hard to comment when we don't know what the craic is. Are wages an issue? Is Martin fit? Has Butterfield smiled yet? Is Anya even alive?

23 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

If he hadn't come into form at the end of that season you probably wouldn't have finished 6th....

Maybe if our ultra boring manager hadn't dropped the leagues leading goal scorer;perhaps if my aunt was actually my uncle.....

6th achieved what? A two legged play off against fulham which fortunately killed off the snake.

Credit to jerome for a good headed goal at home, but it was meaningless. If he was good we wouldn't have gone out and bought two new strikers.

I did quite want the gumps to punk their Brereton money on him, in what would have been a Rowett-esque move, but happy for him if he goes to Turkey. Given the economy there, I hope he's being paid in US dollars!

EDIT: It's going to be really confusing on Twitter with a Rams #DCFC hashtag also being connected with Turkey (who use #DCFC for their Survivor-based reality show). Suddenly CamJam will start appearing with Turkish commentary.

1 hour ago, NorwichLad said:

Sounds like you're talking rubbish to me.... you got 7 points in your final 3 league games to secure your play off place and Jerome scored in all three of them.... his 2 goals at Cardiff and 1 goal at Villa were worth 3 points (2+1), and you finished 2 points above Preston in 7th.

If he hadn't come into form at the end of that season you probably wouldn't have finished 6th, fine margins because you'd probably consider him to be a legend if you'd gone up as play off winners in the same way that we think that Simeon Jackson is a legend even though he's utter dog poo. 

Norwich fans are losing patience with Farke.... and TalkNorwichCity is crap, they are both boring posh kids who were brought up on Waitrose nosh and have probably never been in an Asda. Plus somebody needs to tell Jack that his bird is falling down the scale at an alarming rate, pretty sure she was an 8 when unveiled and is now a 6, unless he's downgraded recently. Or up the scale, depending on what way you look at it. 

Support for TalkNorwichCity seems to be at its highest amongst those aged under 21 whose mummy and daddy haven't let them go to an away game with their mates yet 

If you’d seen us play against Sunderland H & Burton A you might have an idea of how we played from January onwards. We made bottom of the table teams look like world beaters. The 2 worst performances I’ve ever seen.  Boring football with no results.

Jerome was terrible for us before the Cardiff game. Then he turned into a different player. I wouldn’t say he rescued our season. If anything he prolonged the agony.

6 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

If you’d seen us play against Sunderland H & Burton A you might have an idea of how we played from January onwards. We made bottom of the table teams look like world beaters. The 2 worst performances I’ve ever seen.  Boring football with no results.

Jerome was terrible for us before the Cardiff game. Then he turned into a different player. I wouldn’t say he rescued our season. If anything he prolonged the agony.

I would like to add, that had Jerome got us promoted the worst of it would be that Rowett would still be in charge. I would also hazard a guess as to the fact that we would be sat at the bottom of the premiership with a huge negative goal difference.

Just a thought

11 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Not really the same though is it..... 138 games for us as a fan favourite in a spell which included a promotion, a goal at Wembley, top scorer in two seasons and a couple of goals against the scum. 

If he leaves in the next couple of days then his 6 months with you will feel more like a frustrating loan spell.

But wouldn't surprise me if he went to Hull, he's from Yorkshire isn't he,

No it's not the same, it was an off the cuff frivolous / sarcastic  quote 

12 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Not really the same though is it..... 138 games for us as a fan favourite in a spell which included a promotion, a goal at Wembley, top scorer in two seasons and a couple of goals against the scum. 

If he leaves in the next couple of days then his 6 months with you will feel more like a frustrating loan spell.

But wouldn't surprise me if he went to Hull, he's from Yorkshire isn't he,

He's from Huddersfield, which though technically is in the same county as Hull it's no where near, though it's probably nearer than you are to your "local" rivals ? 

Archived