Cameron Jerome - Signed for Göztepe

RiddingsRam

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

See the comment earlier in thread for a clue... homophobia.

Bam ford ? ... I remember a home game when he was playing for Boro. Blatant dive in the box for a Peno. Clever ? No a cheat. That’s why I don’t like him. Can’t deny he can play football but I loath divers whatever shirt they wear. 

On 22/08/2018 at 13:26, therealhantsram said:

See the comment earlier in thread for a clue... homophobia.

I wouldnt say it was 'homophobia' that is the issue with Bamford. Its more the slightly lightweight way he plays ... which could be viewed as 'feminine' or at least not 'manly'.

Players who run themselves into the ground, throw themselves into tackles, put their head where it hurts will always be popular. Patrick seems to want it to be all about him,  floating around, not putting himself about and more interested in keeping his hair tidy than taking a kick to the face to score a goal. Bit like Ronaldo....but cr@p.

That said; speaks well and has always been willing to move on to try and further his career rather than sitting on the bench picking up a wage.

6 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I wouldnt say it was 'homophobia' that is the issue with Bamford. Its more the slightly lightweight way he plays ... which could be viewed as 'feminine' or at least not 'manly'.

Players who run themselves into the ground, throw themselves into tackles, put their head where it hurts will always be popular. Patrick seems to want it to be all about him,  floating around, not putting himself about and more interested in keeping his hair tidy than taking a kick to the face to score a goal. Bit like Ronaldo....but cr@p.

That said; speaks well and has always been willing to move on to try and further his career rather than sitting on the bench picking up a wage.

The first 6 words are contradicted by the rest of the post, with easy stereotypes in abundance.

Bamford made a decent contribution when he was a Derby player, end of story.

3 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

The first 6 words are contradicted by the rest of the post, with easy stereotypes in abundance.

Yawn. Get off your soapbox.

I started off by expressing what I heard fans say about his play and probably prompted some of the aforementioned comments in the thread.

As I said I personally found him slightly irritating, lightweight and happy to avoid a tackle but I have no reason to think (or care) that he is gay. The inference seems to be your own.

15 hours ago, Chester40 said:

I've actually always thought the reason people didn't like him was cos he's middle class - There's something about football where we seem to love 'one of our own' doing well - And the better the 'rags to riches' story the better - Bamford went to a nice school and was the godson of a very wealthy local businessman - I've often wondered if people dislike him for that - There's always that idea that middle class people are soft and don't get stuck in too

I seem to remember one of the goals he scored for us being a diving header in the box at about knee-height though? If he was soft he wouldn't do that kind of thing - Also, he was a CF playing as a winger - Not all players like that are going to be Andi Weimann or Johnny Russell - Some of them are Tom Lawrence and a bit more standoffish - Partly because they're smart enough to know their tackling ability is RUBBISH

9 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Agreed

23 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I've actually always thought the reason people didn't like him was cos he's middle class - There's something about football where we seem to love 'one of our own' doing well - And the better the 'rags to riches' story the better - Bamford went to a nice school and was the godson of a very wealthy local businessman - I've often wondered if people dislike him for that - There's always that idea that middle class people are soft and don't get stuck in too

I seem to remember one of the goals he scored for us being a diving header in the box at about knee-height though? If he was soft he wouldn't do that kind of thing - Also, he was a CF playing as a winger - Not all players like that are going to be Andi Weimann or Johnny Russell - Some of them are Tom Lawrence and a bit more standoffish - Partly because they're smart enough to know their tackling ability is RUBBISH

Agreed

Yep, vs Yeovil in the 3-2 comeback if i remember correctly

1 hour ago, YorkshireRam said:

I'm genuinely impressed that anyone even takes notice of what I post ?

Most of my posts just elicit abuse - So you're doing better than me!

And if the below is true can I come to your BNB?!?!?

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

I think it’s only because there are rumours you are Marco Gabbiadini.

I think @cheron85 is pretty on the nail there. He went to posh school and is heir to the JCB business apparently. 

Ive heard one person say they hate him because he’s heir to JCB and JCB donate to the Tory party...I’m as anti Tory as anyone but even I think that’s a stretch far to dislike someone on a link that vague, but maybe these things make a difference.

Also he scored against us a few times...well Nuge has done that plenty he’s as popular as anyone now 

On 24/08/2018 at 02:49, sunnyhill60 said:

But there's nothing anti-gay in the rest of the post, where are the gay stereotypes? Unless you're stereotyping gay people yourself. In which case you really put your foot in it there.

Archived