Cameron Jerome - Signed for Göztepe

RiddingsRam

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, deano180 said:

Ipswich rag EADT saying he turned down move to ipswich due to norwich connection.

Confirmed by his agent. Bloke needs a knighthood for that I reckon. 

Top man and doesn't surprise me, 98% of footballers wouldn't do the same and would go to the highest bidder.

5 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Confirmed by his agent. Bloke needs a knighthood for that I reckon. 

Top man and doesn't surprise me, 98% of footballers wouldn't do the same and would go to the highest bidder.

If he's that kinda guy he will turn the red dogs down because of his time with us .

1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

If he's that kinda guy he will turn the red dogs down because of his time with us .

I'd like to think so but given the incredible movement between our two clubs, it wouldn't surprise me. Given the absurdly high fee they seem to have negotiated for diver Brereton, we should only let him go for top dollar. Have the deal proceed until the last minute and then make sure the agreed price mysteriously rises a few milllion at the death when they have no more options. I'll take bonus clauses such as an extra £2m if they stay up. Whether they do or don't, it's a win-win.

7 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I doubt it.

Signed, barely played, made an impact at the very end of the season, then ditched back not even in the reserves come season's start.

If I was him I'd be itching to prove the current management wrong, and where better than the dog's!

4 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'd like to think so but given the incredible movement between our two clubs, it wouldn't surprise me. Given the absurdly high fee they seem to have negotiated for diver Brereton, we should only let him go for top dollar. Have the deal proceed until the last minute and then make sure the agreed price mysteriously rises a few milllion at the death when they have no more options. I'll take bonus clauses such as an extra £2m if they stay up. Whether they do or don't, it's a win-win.

I think Brereton is worth a decent fee. As for CJ - just play any transfer with a straight bat. £1m job done. 

It wasn't his fault that he ended up in a messy situation.

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

I doubt it.

Signed, barely played, made an impact at the very end of the season, then ditched back not even in the reserves come season's start.

If I was him I'd be itching to prove the current management wrong, and where better than the dog's!

Bang on, can’t be loyal to a club you’ve only been at for 6 months and they’ve cast you aside.

Think it could be a good move for all parties. 

23 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Not really the same though is it..... 138 games for us as a fan favourite in a spell which included a promotion, a goal at Wembley, top scorer in two seasons and a couple of goals against the scum. 

If he leaves in the next couple of days then his 6 months with you will feel more like a frustrating loan spell.

But wouldn't surprise me if he went to Hull, he's from Yorkshire isn't he,

8 hours ago, deano180 said:

Ipswich rag EADT saying he turned down move to ipswich due to norwich connection.

They say he's likely to go abroad.

Don't know how to link pages to here soz.

If you a buy a copy and post it to me I'll scan it as a PDF and upload it to here for everyone. 

5 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Not really the same though is it..... 138 games for us as a fan favourite in a spell which included a promotion, a goal at Wembley, top scorer in two seasons and a couple of goals against the scum. 

If he leaves in the next couple of days then his 6 months with you will feel more like a frustrating loan spell.

But wouldn't surprise me if he went to Hull, he's from Yorkshire isn't he,

......which is exactly what it should have been....a loan.

9 minutes ago, RamNut said:

......which is exactly what it should have been....a loan.

You wouldn't have got him on a loan though would you, the reason we shifted is because his Norwich contract expired in the summer of 2019 but our parachute payments ended in summer 2018. 

So we wanted him off the payroll for this season, last season wasn't the issue. 

Considering he pretty much saved your season and nearly got you promoted I'd say he was worth the punt. 

2 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

You wouldn't have got him on a loan though would you, the reason we shifted is because his Norwich contract expired in the summer of 2019 but our parachute payments ended in summer 2018. 

So we wanted him off the payroll for this season, last season wasn't the issue. 

Considering he pretty much saved your season and nearly got you promoted I'd say he was worth the punt. 

Saved our season?

our season was meaningless by the time he arrived.

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Saved our season?

our season was meaningless by the time he arrived.

Derby fans are weird..... your play off place was secured late in the season, you got into the play-offs, and from there anything could happen?

Well you've confused me.... try finishing 14th. ?

Meh .. whatever ... good lad, worked hard, caused no problems, ready when called on, scored some good goals. I wish him the very best wherever he goes, even the dogs. 

Clearly not the future but struck me as a thoroughly decent professional and human being. Can’t remember the game off the cuff, but remember two CB’s that got bullied brilliantly by CJ all night in a top class centre forwards performance. Cheers !

Next please

Archived