Cameron Jerome - Signed for Göztepe

RiddingsRam

Rumours circulating on twitter that PNE interested in signing Jerome , also a fair bit of talk about it in the Pne forums apparently , played for Alex Neil at Norwich , could all be rumour mill talk . He's another one who I wouldn't be fussed if he stayed or went .

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Rumours circulating on twitter that PNE interested in signing Jerome , also a fair bit of talk about it in the Pne forums apparently , played for Alex Neil at Norwich , could all be rumour mill talk . He's another one who I wouldn't be fussed if he stayed or went .

Seems we've definitely bid for him, if ITKs and chatter at our end is anything to go by. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen. AN really rates him apparently.

16 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Jerome turned it around in the last few games but we should absolutely shift him if we can. Especially if we can get our money back.

Yep, I'd say the same for near enough our whole team bar Carson, Davies and Huddlestone, but even they can be replaced by younger players who probably aren't as good now, but have the potential to be and will increase in value. I'd just avoid selling those 3 simply because we've seen that they form a very good spine of our team

7 hours ago, northender said:

Seems we've definitely bid for him, if ITKs and chatter at our end is anything to go by. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen. AN really rates him apparently.

Ok mate , thanks for the info , keep us updated if you hear anymore.

7 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Yep, I'd say the same for near enough our whole team bar Carson, Davies and Huddlestone, but even they can be replaced by younger players who probably aren't as good now, but have the potential to be and will increase in value. I'd just avoid selling those 3 simply because we've seen that they form a very good spine of our team

Agree with this entirely.

Looking at the squad, we could do with getting SIX senior pros out before there are any incoming. In fact 6 out and 0 in wouldn't be the end of the world at all.

6 Out of say Butterfield, Ledley, Anya, Weimann, Jerome, Blackman would still leave a reasonably squad, containing a nice mix of experience & youth of:

Carson, Mitchell, Roos

Wisdom, Bogle

Keogh, Davies, Pearce

Forsyth, Lowe

THudd, Thorne, Hanson

Bryson, Johnson, Guy, Elsnik

Lawrence, Vydra, Thomas, Bennett

Martin, Nugent, Zanzala

13 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Agree with this entirely.

Looking at the squad, we could do with getting SIX senior pros out before there are any incoming. In fact 6 out and 0 in wouldn't be the end of the world at all.

6 Out of say Butterfield, Ledley, Anya, Weimann, Jerome, Blackman would still leave a reasonably squad, containing a nice mix of experience & youth of:

Carson, Mitchell, Roos

Wisdom, Bogle

Keogh, Davies, Pearce

Forsyth, Lowe

THudd, Thorne, Hanson

Bryson, Johnson, Guy, Elsnik

Lawrence, Vydra, Thomas, Bennett

Martin, Nugent, Zanzala

6 out is a bit of a wish though, not sure that it is possible. 

Nuge probably has to go as i saw nothing from him in the latter part of the season to make me believe he can score goals at this level

5 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Nuge probably has to go as i saw nothing from him in the latter part of the season to make me believe he can score goals at this level

Pretty sure I saw him score goals at this level at the start of the season ?

37 minutes ago, Spanish said:

31 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Pretty sure I saw him score goals at this level at the start of the season ?

yep but I wasn't talking about the beginning was I?  If he could recapture that early form then brilliant, bring it on.  

I'd definitely sell providing it makes sense. I don't think he's done that badly for us, even when he wasn't scoring, but it makes sense for all parties for him to move on. I'd say the same for Nugent. Martin, I hold out a bit of hope for, but it depends on so much. I imagine Nugent will be the only one of the three remaining come 9th August. 

Interesting one this really. Would have snapped your hand off for anything a few months ago, but now he’s looking like he’s our only forward capable of scoring goals. At this point I’d get rid of Nugent before him, but regardless we need a new striker so wouldn’t exactly be devastated if Jerome went, provided we get most our money back.

37 minutes ago, Spanish said:

yep but I wasn't talking about the beginning was I?  If he could recapture that early form then brilliant, bring it on.  

You were saying that he can’t score goals at this level based on what you saw in the latter half of the season. I was pointing out that you were ignoring the first half of the season where he clearly demonstrated he can score goals at this level.

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

Form is temporary something something?

Archived