Aston Villa

Day

Whilst it's funny, clubs nowadays are only a stone throw away for these sort of scenes so I don't like sticking it in too much. I'm sure there's plenty of arrogant Derby fans out there that have said similar things over the last few seasons.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Whilst it's funny, clubs nowadays are only a stone throw away for these sort of scenes so I don't like sticking it in too much. I'm sure there's plenty of arrogant Derby fans out there that have said similar things over the last few seasons.

Fair to say some believe we should be in the Premier League now and get terribly upset when it doesn’t happen.

Weird one really, start if the season minimum expectations are top 6, in January we go through the Premier League is overrated and why would we want to lose each week, Championship is more fun claims. 

When we lose in the play offs, get rid of the owner, manager, players, tea lady. They were much better than us, how embarrassing it is to see a club like Fulham go up ahead of Derby.

As fans go, we can match anyone in this league for arrogance.

2 hours ago, Vulcanboy said:

He was pumping in £4m a month!!!!!!!  That is nuts...  And people panic when Uncle Mel has to prop us up with £8 a year.  Just goes to show that compared to a lot of other clubs our £30m over two seasons on players really isn't that bad.  Until you remember that £4.5m went on Butterfield, you get angry, and reach for your heart meds...

3 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Bree allegedly on 27k /wk according to national press yesterday!

In that case it just highlights how poorly run they’ve been to get into this situation. He’s 20, would’ve been 19 when he signed the contract, and he played a whopping 6 games this season. Unbelievable overspending.

8 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Couple of Villa fans I work with aren’t worried and think it’s all bullplop. Must be something in the water here in Brum!

yea ive heard some also saying sort of the same thing that its mostly to do with some issue with cash export issues in china... doesn't seem to align up with the reality we are seeing here though.

1 minute ago, Mr Giggles said:

Be easy for them to sell Terry when he doesn't play for them anymore...

Snodgrass was also on loan.

Villa reportedly owe £11m in unpaid transfer fees, and £4m to HMRC and have debts of £115m.

the last wage bill was £61m

Then again......i don't really understand how any championship club manages to keep going when player wages vastly exceed turnover, and payments to agents are still huge. Footall clubs are bleeding their billionaire owners dry.

Owning a footbll club must be the ultimate vanity project.

to be fair to villa - it really looks like the owner's hands are tied. I've just seen on my company's intranet that there was some restriction placed on chinese capital used for investment in sports clubs, active from August 2017. Guess it might not just be Xia's fault.

4 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

to be fair to villa - it really looks like the owner's hands are tied. I've just seen on my company's intranet that there was some restriction placed on chinese capital used for investment in sports clubs, active from August 2017. Guess it might not just be Xia's fault.

No need to be fair here. Yes the capital rules may have changed causing the current cash flow issues, but Xia and Villa were committed to throwing significant monies to buy themselves back into the Premier, with no regard for FFP rulings.  I have no sympathy for their current predicament.

An awful lot of 'em seem to think they'll get £40m for Grealish and reckon they won't have to sell him if they're offered way less.

I think that's deluded but hey, I ain't seen the books.

I think all the ones they need to get rid of are the ones on high wages or have injury problems or a combination of both, in other words, the ones no-one else wants.

Archived