Aston Villa

Day

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really sad to see. I take it all back about wanting a Chinese investor, Villa doomed, as are both Milan clubs and Atletico Madrid have also been affected by the new Chinese policies, which means that Tony Xia can’t withdraw money from China for external purposes and hasn’t been able to fund Villa for 3 months.

This is really, really serious.

'In 2016/17 club bought players for £88 mill but only paid cash of £58 mill'

this is the sort of thing that has a massive knock on if they are liquidated particularly smaller clubs

PlayersClubTransfer sum

Ross McCormackFulham14,30 Mill. €

Jonathan KodjiaBristol City12,90 Mill. €

Scott HoganBrentford10,50 Mill. €

James ChesterWest Brom9,30 Mill. €

Aaron TshibolaReading5,90 Mill. €

Pierluigi GolliniHellas Verona5,00 Mill. €

Mile JedinakCrystal Palace4,60 Mill. €

Tommy ElphickBournemouth3,90 Mill. €

Albert AdomahMiddlesbrough3,50 Mill. €

Conor HourihaneBarnsley FC3,50 Mill. €

James BreeBarnsley FC3,50 Mill. €

Henri LansburyNottm Forest3,40 Mill. €

Ritchie De LaetLeicester2,30 Mill. €

Birkir BjarnasonFC Basel2,00 Mill. €

Neil TaylorSwanseaSwap deal

Sam JohnstoneManchester UtdLoan

André GreenAston Villa U23-

Aaron TshibolaNottm ForestEnd of loan

Ross McCormackNottm ForestEnd of loan

84,60 Mill.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Isn't that normal though? Isn't that what all clubs do, by paying in installations? 

yep  all built on straw and it was something FFP was supposed to stop.  Thing is the parachute payments have screwed it up

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Isn't that normal though? Isn't that what all clubs do, by paying in installations? 

The problem is, though, that it the club are insolvent, those debts are at worst written off, at best paid at a few pennies in the pound. 

It's basically £30M that clubs won't get, will have borrowed against etc.

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The problem is, though, that it the club are insolvent, those debts are at worst written off, at best paid at a few pennies in the pound. 

bristol city and brentford stand out for me

Well, well, well.......what a mess!

They need to get shot of players and quick, but other than Grealish, Chester, Kodija and maybe Hourihane who's going to bring in decent money?

Look at the high earning deadwood with absolutely no value like Samba, Richards, Hutton, Whelan, McCormack, etc. 

They're in a sorry state and I don't think they'll be able to get players out the door quick enough. Could be some decent bargains to be had if players are realistic with their wage demands. 

28 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I'm pretty sure football is different to any other business, and debts owed to fellow clubs have to be honoured in full. I'll look for the article in a bit.

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'm pretty sure football is different to any other business, and debts owed to fellow clubs have to be honoured in full. I'll look for the article in a bit.

essentially there's a football creditors rule by the FA/League which means that if a club in insolvency pays other creditors above other football clubs, they will lose their place in the league - essentially devaluing the rest of the clubs' assets. So an adminstrator will always pay the other clubs first over HMRC. HMRC have challenged this in court and lost.

Sith Happens

This can't be true anyway,  dont recall harry being there recently. 

Seriously though what gets me is despite footballers and managers getting huge salaries there will be hundreds of more staff on similar wages to most of us on here, and their jobs and pay packets will be most at risk.

Likewise small businesses will lose out heavily because the pot emptied by payments to other clubs first as outlined in the above post.

In fact, those most to blame for the predicament if promotion was the requirement are the players and bruce and they will be the least affected. 

7 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'm sure you're right, football debts have to be paid or you have to leave the league.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

This can't be true anyway,  dont recall harry being there recently. 

Seriously though what gets me is despite footballers and managers getting huge salaries there will be hundreds of more staff on similar wages to most of us on here, and their jobs and pay packets will be most at risk.

Likewise small businesses will lose out heavily because the pot emptied by payments to other clubs first as outlined in the above post.

In fact, those most to blame for the predicament if promotion was the requirement are the players and bruce and they will be the least affected. 

Why are the players and managers to blame? If someone gives you a budget or wage, why are you to blame if the club can’t afford it?

It's a shame to see a founding member of the football league get into this position. Hopefully they just have to sell everything not nailed down and spend a few years down in league 2 rather than disappear completely.

I also think you guys are being a bit disrespectful - we owe Villa a great deal of thanks for buying all of those players we were targeting - we could have had the likes of Lansbury and McCormack playing for us if it wasn't for Villas generosity.

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Well, well, well.......what a mess!

They need to get shot of players and quick, but other than Grealish, Chester, Kodija and maybe Hourihane who's going to bring in decent money?

Look at the high earning deadwood with absolutely no value like Samba, Richards, Hutton, Whelan, McCormack, etc. 

They're in a sorry state and I don't think they'll be able to get players out the door quick enough. Could be some decent bargains to be had if players are realistic with their wage demands. 

McCormack?  Bought for £14.3m ffp value £10m+ starring at a £5m hit on ffp even if they survive administration they are still f@@@##ed

Archived