Aston Villa

Day

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Is it just me that reckons Grealish is massively over-rated? Seen loads of Villa fans say he was a ''class above'' today but I thought he was dire, absolutely no end product and just flatters to deceive imo

Show pony

Why do people think that a player who wants to deceive officials is good? He may have some skills but he’s a cheat, he dives, he flaps his arms about every time he’s tackled trying to influence the ref. I may be old fashioned but to me that makes him a bad player and seeing Terry consoling him has made my weekend. My grandad taught me that cheats shouldn’t prosper. 

3 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Why do people think that a player who wants to deceive officials is good? He may have some skills but he’s a cheat, he dives, he flaps his arms about every time he’s tackled trying to influence the ref. I may be old fashioned but to me that makes him a bad player and seeing Terry consoling him has made my weekend. My grandad taught me that cheats shouldn’t prosper. 

He'll fit in perfectly if he gets a move to the Prem....

12 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

I've jus been looking at Villa talk for a laugh, and it all seems a bit familiar, although the names are different.

"For different reasons the following have to go:

Kodjia (too selfish and potentially over the hill)

Hogan (rotten player)

Lansbury (poo and on a lot of money)

Hutton (Earns too much and is old)

Terry (Earns too much and is old)

Samba (old and poo)

Jedinak (Earns too much and is old)

Whelan (Earns too much and is old)

Bjarnason (Not very good and not here on the cheap)

Taylor (poo and not here cheaply)"

Do you work in Human Resources?

I expect Bruce will walk away early next week, having recently lost both his parents in the space of 3 months, bit of time away from the game is probably needed. First job would be to appoint a salesman as Villa’s financial situation has been widely reported.

The actual wage bill numbers haven’t been revealed, not sure if @ramblur as looked into the how’s but they are not public, the possibility of having to sell their training ground suggests it’s not exactly under control.

Terry was reported to have earnt £4m, unlikely he will be renewing, as wont the loans they have in, Grabban, Snodgrass and Johnstone. Hutton, Samba, Agbonlahor and Bunn are out of contract.

They still have one year left of parachute payments, only £15m this time round. With Wolves in the PL and if West Brom start splashing the cash, be a tough one for their fans to take.

20 minutes ago, David said:

I expect Bruce will walk away early next week, having recently lost both his parents in the space of 3 months, bit of time away from the game is probably needed. First job would be to appoint a salesman as Villa’s financial situation has been widely reported.

The actual wage bill numbers haven’t been revealed, not sure if @ramblur as looked into the how’s but they are not public, the possibility of having to sell their training ground suggests it’s not exactly under control.

Terry was reported to have earnt £4m, unlikely he will be renewing, as wont the loans they have in, Grabban, Snodgrass and Johnstone. Hutton, Samba, Agbonlahor and Bunn are out of contract.

They still have one year left of parachute payments, only £15m this time round. With Wolves in the PL and if West Brom start splashing the cash, be a tough one for their fans to take.

Bruce said as much after the final - Terry had an extension clause in his contract if they got promoted - but they haven't so that doesn't apply and so unless Terry will take a substantial cut, he's not likely to get a new contract. If he's honest with himself, yesterday showed he'd pretty much reached the end of the road - so expect him to ship up at Moor farm any day soon....

3 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Should we be worried?

Not unless it was you that agreed to pay him it.

Can’t see him joining another Championship club now, if he plays on will probably be over in the MLS, doesn’t their window open again next month?

13 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

I've jus been looking at Villa talk for a laugh, and it all seems a bit familiar, although the names are different.

"For different reasons the following have to go:

Kodjia (too selfish and potentially over the hill)

Hogan (rotten player)

Lansbury (poo and on a lot of money)

Hutton (Earns too much and is old)

Terry (Earns too much and is old)

Samba (old and poo)

Jedinak (Earns too much and is old)

Whelan (Earns too much and is old)

Bjarnason (Not very good and not here on the cheap)

Taylor (poo and not here cheaply)"

That's odd. They don't seem to have anyone who earns too much, is too old, and poo. 

8 minutes ago, David said:

Not unless it was you that agreed to pay him it.

Can’t see him joining another Championship club now, if he plays on will probably be over in the MLS, doesn’t their window open again next month?

"New York City FC midfielder and Chelsea legend Frank Lampard says he counts fellow Blues icon John Terry and Jody Morris as his best friends in football."

I'm still a little bit worried...

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

"New York City FC midfielder and Chelsea legend Frank Lampard says he counts fellow Blues icon John Terry and Jody Morris as his best friends in football."

Our wage bill also has to come down, can’t spend what you haven’t got. 

54 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Bruce said as much after the final - Terry had an extension clause in his contract if they got promoted - but they haven't so that doesn't apply and so unless Terry will take a substantial cut, he's not likely to get a new contract. If he's honest with himself, yesterday showed he'd pretty much reached the end of the road - so expect him to ship up at Moor farm any day soon....

Lock up ya wives ?

13 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

Sessegnon put in a far better performance in my eyes. Kamara 2nd half even seemed more of a threat. Barring the odd 30 yard curler he just doesn't seem to actually do much apart from dribbling into dangerous areas followed by a few step-overs... 

Grealish is a class above most Championship players.

Sessegnon is a few classes above the Championship.

11 minutes ago, David said:

Our wage bill also has to come down, can’t spend what you haven’t got. 

Mate's rates? Player/assistant coach role?

Nah you're right - he'll be on a million a week next season getting owned by our Johnny.

18 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

3 goals and 5 assists all season, seems the stats are on my side as well ?

He does a lot more that the stats don't suggest tbh. I used to have the same opinion as you, but watching him play he looks brilliant. Just wish he'd pull his socks up

10 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Nah Rowett will want an experienced centre back at stoke.

Archived