Aston Villa

Day

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:16, David said:

I expect Bruce will walk away early next week, having recently lost both his parents in the space of 3 months, bit of time away from the game is probably needed. First job would be to appoint a salesman as Villa’s financial situation has been widely reported.

The actual wage bill numbers haven’t been revealed, not sure if @ramblur as looked into the how’s but they are not public, the possibility of having to sell their training ground suggests it’s not exactly under control.

Terry was reported to have earnt £4m, unlikely he will be renewing, as wont the loans they have in, Grabban, Snodgrass and Johnstone. Hutton, Samba, Agbonlahor and Bunn are out of contract.

They still have one year left of parachute payments, only £15m this time round. With Wolves in the PL and if West Brom start splashing the cash, be a tough one for their fans to take.

I remember that Villa gave me a headache when I looked at their accounts a couple of months ago. It seems that player transactions are farmed off to another company. The Club's accounts show wages of £8.451m, which I take to be non players' wages. The consolidated accounts though (Recon Sports Group) show total wages at £61.473m, so it would appear that players' wages may have come in at c£53m in 16/17. There's no way of knowing what the 17/18 figure is /is likely to be.

I mean it'd be sad to see them go out of business. However, i quite like seeing 'big' clubs enrich the likes of Barnsley and Brentford, and then screw it up and become Leeds and Forest. The circle of life. Also, if everyone becomes Leeds - looking at Sunderland and Villa here - we have to win the league eventually.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5809685/Aston-Villa-turmoil-failure-pay-tax-bill-5m.html

It is said Wyness, in his duty to find financial alternatives, was trying to raise funds through minor investors but Xia reacted badly to advice and temporarily dismissed his top executive.

In an alternative version of events it has been claimed Wyness was attempting to bring together a consortium to buy the club without Xia's prior knowledge. The Chinese businessman then found out and acted.

Sounds like Mel might have some competition... ?

I'm sure they'll come through this difficult time.

They will have to take knock down fees for their top assets like Grealish and Chester and errrrrr Grealish, oh I've already said him...

Rebuild the side around their talented  youngsters like Lansbury & McCormack.

Chortle.

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

And next lot..one Snodgrass, heavily used and shop soiled.

When they do a finance check on Snodgrass they'll discover that he was on only there on a hire arrangement.

Archived