Aston Villa

Day

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

They need to get shot of players and quick, but other than Grealish, Chester, Kodija and maybe Hourihane who's going to bring in decent money?

I came up with those 4, plus Adomah & Hogan 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I'm pretty sure football is different to any other business, and debts owed to fellow clubs have to be honoured in full. I'll look for the article in a bit.

Well that stinks. The private little members club that is professional football is all right jack. In the meantime, Aston Villa's suppliers and low paid staff can go duck themselves, along with the taxpayer.

I read somewhere today that some former chief exec at the club says that they took a gamble and failed. They didn't take a gamble at all. The duckers can just start again.

14 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/staggering-wages-left-aston-villa-12658260

Mile Jedinak, £50k/wk
Ross McCormack and Henri Lansbury, £40k/wk
James Chester, £30k/wk

Puts Derby into perspective, right?!

Blimey. How many of those were actually getting a regular game towards the end of the season? McCormack might have been - for someone else - Lansbury certainly wasn't.

31 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Well that stinks. The private little members club that is professional football is all right jack. In the meantime, Aston Villa's suppliers and low paid staff can go duck themselves, along with the taxpayer.

I read somewhere today that some former chief exec at the club says that they took a gamble and failed. They didn't take a gamble at all. The duckers can just start again.

Kodjia(sic) and Hogan on 60k a week, I fully agree with you.

It's the turnstile operator, programme seller and tealady that are laid off to make ends meet, not the multi-millionaire footballers who got them in the trouble in the 1st place. 

I always felt uneasy when derby were flashing the cash, even at the point where we signed Thorne for a couple of million. I was scared that it was a risk because of how volatile football is. 

I was worried about a bloody £2m signing. Show some How quickly things can change in football. 

Villa were cocky though. Their fans didn’t care where the money was coming from as long as the players were coming in. Fock em.

5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Kodjia(sic) and Hogan on 60k a week, I fully agree with you.

It's the turnstile operator, programme seller and tealady that are laid off to make ends meet, not the multi-millionaire footballers who got them in the trouble in the 1st place. 

Blame the idiots who sanctioned the signings, or more to the point, agreed these obscene salaries. If you were a professional footballer and some lunatic club comes along saying "sign for us - we'll give you a 4 year contract and pay you £60k English pounds a week", how many would turn it down?

4 hours ago, Spanish said:

'In 2016/17 club bought players for £88 mill but only paid cash of £58 mill'

this is the sort of thing that has a massive knock on if they are liquidated particularly smaller clubs

PlayersClubTransfer sum

Ross McCormackFulham14,30 Mill. €

Jonathan KodjiaBristol City12,90 Mill. €

Scott HoganBrentford10,50 Mill. €

James ChesterWest Brom9,30 Mill. €

Aaron TshibolaReading5,90 Mill. €

Pierluigi GolliniHellas Verona5,00 Mill. €

Mile JedinakCrystal Palace4,60 Mill. €

Tommy ElphickBournemouth3,90 Mill. €

Albert AdomahMiddlesbrough3,50 Mill. €

Conor HourihaneBarnsley FC3,50 Mill. €

James BreeBarnsley FC3,50 Mill. €

Henri LansburyNottm Forest3,40 Mill. €

Ritchie De LaetLeicester2,30 Mill. €

Birkir BjarnasonFC Basel2,00 Mill. €

Neil TaylorSwanseaSwap deal

Sam JohnstoneManchester UtdLoan

André GreenAston Villa U23-

Aaron TshibolaNottm ForestEnd of loan

Ross McCormackNottm ForestEnd of loan

84,60 Mill.

Could be worse. Johnstone on loan was an actually decent deal

Sith Happens
23 minutes ago, Waffle said:

If Aston Villa go into administration and have to drop down the leagues, who replaces them in the championship?

Burton.

30 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Villa were cocky though. Their fans didn’t care where the money was coming from as long as the players were coming in. Fock em.

Most fans aren't bothered, including most of ours. I was living in Leeds during their bid spend and only one fan I knew asked where the money was coming from. The rest were going on abut how Leeds would be the new european superclub and Derby would always be poo.

4 hours ago, Spanish said:

yep  all built on straw and it was something FFP was supposed to stop.  Thing is the parachute payments have screwed it up

Weren’t parachute payments put in place to stop clubs going bankrupt cos they had players on premier league wages and long contracts. 

But clubs abuse it by just buying more players still on premier league wages, as well as keeping all the old ones. 

And this is the result. 

So wouldn’t parachute payments be more sensible if they were ringfenced to specifically pay off premier league contracts and be used for nothing else.

I’m surprised no one has really picked up on that. Everyone always says how unfair it is that that clubs like boro, villa and Fulham have all these parachute payments to splash the cash. 

Sith Happens
15 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Am i right in thinking that this wouldnt be happening if theyd beaten fulham?

Yup

2 hours ago, Spanish said:

McCormack?  Bought for £14.3m ffp value £10m+ starring at a £5m hit on ffp even if they survive administration they are still f@@@##ed

Yup as I said McCormack is worthless, huge loss on him even before the wages are factored in.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Weren’t parachute payments put in place to stop clubs going bankrupt cos they had players on premier league wages and long contracts. 

But clubs abuse it by just buying more players still on premier league wages, as well as keeping all the old ones. 

And this is the result. 

So wouldn’t parachute payments be more sensible if they were ringfenced to specifically pay off premier league contracts and be used for nothing else.

I’m surprised no one has really picked up on that. Everyone always says how unfair it is that that clubs like boro, villa and Fulham have all these parachute payments to splash the cash. 

Stop posting such sensible stuff.

18 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

And this is the result. 

Apparently they have borrowed agains next years payment and spent it already,  hopefully this mess will change things

Archived