Lampard too expensive?

Topram

12 minutes ago, Saity said:

...i have no problem with Lampard getting the job as long as he moves nearer and doesn't have too many distractions...

Mrs with a new babee, what's better than a big gaff up in the fresh air of the glorious Peak District, yet near the train station and airport? Sorted.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Think I'd rather Harry stayed away. Shouldn't be anywhere near a football clubs transfer policies!! I think Frank needs to do it his way, Harry's only a call away for a bit of advice if needed.

I can just imagine it.

'Hi Uncle Harry, I'm currently in the DCFC judo dujo, and Mel has me in a death grip. Where should I knee him to free myself and sign Andrea Shevkenco and John Terry'?

29 minutes ago, Saity said:

I am parsnip but equally worried because i want whoever it is to put everything into it...not being a pundit or living in london but of course if he got it i'm on board....i'm a vocal fan....that won't change mate 

Let me put your mind at ease. Frank Lampard lives and breathes football. He's a footballing thoroughbred. Here's a photo of Frank when he first started learning about football...

Screenshot_20180524-195708.jpg.3d6ee5cd8a5ca963c56a6ed78c9abea8.jpg

His heart will be in it because that's what he is. 

17 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Let me put your mind at ease. Frank Lampard lives and breathes football. He's a footballing thoroughbred. Here's a photo of Frank when he first started learning about football...

Screenshot_20180524-195708.jpg.3d6ee5cd8a5ca963c56a6ed78c9abea8.jpg

His heart will be in it because that's what he is. 

Pretty sure you've just confused Frankie with Luke Chadwick! You really are a plonker sometimes Parsnip!

5 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I think he joined the circus.

Had to Google it - he didn't quite reach the heights he was predicted but had a long career in the lower leagues especially at mk dons. Also got a bit better looking but still not great. Not beautiful and handsome like Frank.

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nah. Mackworth Ram reckons he heard it ain't Frank but MikeH on Popside heard from the same bloke who tipped him off about GR going that it is Frank. Real media say 20 credible applicants but no rush to appoint.

Well of course not - Mel chucked him out and is suing him.

BOOM!  back of the net! ?

On 24/05/2018 at 12:42, RadioactiveWaste said:

Just a thought,but perhaps the no hurry to appoint is based on finding an experienced guy to be DoF before giving it lampard, if they can't get that structure to work they'll appoint an experienced guy.

I would have thought it more likely that Lampard could bring quality backup with him than, say, Dean Smith be able to singlehandedly recreate the set up he has at Brentford. 

50 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

I would have thought it more likely that Lampard could bring quality backup with him than, say, Dean Smith be able to singlehandedly recreate the set up he has at Brentford. 

I think Lampard would bring quality coaches for his team, I think the boardroom might want an experienced guy to settle their nreves a bit a guide him, e.g. a well respected "proper football man" to be DoF.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think Lampard would bring quality coaches for his team, I think the boardroom might want an experienced guy to settle their nreves a bit a guide him, e.g. a well respected "proper football man" to be DoF.

That sounds like the best of both worlds to me; we get to see how Lampard’s qualities can inspire the players, with an experienced head to help him avoid the early pitfalls. 

1 minute ago, europia said:

Yep that would cover franks June salary, hopefully something behind the sofa for the rest of his contract. 

If he wants a Championship club, he's going to have to accept novice money. I can't imagine cash is a motivating factor for him at this stage. He'll want to be paid market rate, but it won't be megabucks...we haven't got it.

Archived