Lampard too expensive?

Topram

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Davide said:

That wasn’t my point, I mean pointing to past glories. Unfortunately I’m not old enough to remember any past glories for Derby. I think it counts if you’ve seen it in your lifetime but at least Stoke and Leicester have seen it in recent times.

What “glories” have Stoke ever seen..??

10 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Go on then football manager wiz kidz, what young players do Chelsea have that we’ll be signing with Frank’s influence 

Well i know one I'd take in a heartbeat and that's Tammy Abrahams. Could be slightly unrealistic but not impossible. Had a great season with Bristol then spent last year on loan at Swansea but that didn't exactly work out so maybe another season in championship is what he'd need? 

And we could also get Palmer back and actually play him this time?

I'm not going to pretend to know everything about Chelseas youth setup but its no secret they win pretty much everything at youth level so there are definitely players there with potential.

It would be down to lampard and his staff to try and get the ones they think would be good and make an impact

I dont give a stuff if we give it a newbie or if we give it to a seasoned pro.

I know im in the minority but im really not that bothered about going up or not.

So likewise im not gonna winge every time we lose a game under lampard or anyone else.... and im not gonna insist he is out of his depth or we need to change it again. I really dont care. Ill support the club no matter what,

20 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Go on then football manager wiz kidz, what young players do Chelsea have that we’ll be signing with Frank’s influence 

Ola Aina, Michael Hector, Izzy Brown, Matt Miazga, Tomas Kalas,  Lewis Baker, Mason Mount (one of the best), Charlton Musonda, Tammy Abraham and our old boy Kasey Palmer!

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nah. Mackworth Ram reckons he heard it ain't Frank but MikeH on Popside heard from the same bloke who tipped him off about GR going that it is Frank. Real media say 20 credible applicants but no rush to appoint.

Bet we're kicking ourselves for ousting Sam now

5 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

I dont give a stuff if we give it a newbie or if we give it to a seasoned pro.

I know im in the minority but im really not that bothered about going up or not.

So likewise im not gonna winge every time we lose a game under lampard or anyone else.... and im not gonna insist he is out of his depth or we need to change it again. I really dont care. Ill support the club no matter what,

Totally with you regarding my support of DCFC jagerbob. I withhold the right to have a moan though if our football is dire.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/derby-county/story/3508694/frank-lampard-in-frame-for-derby-county-manager-role-sources

The 39-year-old retired from playing in February 2017 and has been taking his coaching badges as he looked to pursue his career in management.

Lampard has received several offers since hanging up his boots, but sources have told ESPN FC that the Derby job is something that would appeal to him.

Lampard , Morris ,Avram Grant ,, ,,,,,, is poss mel has decided to say **** it , I’m gonna do a wolves and spend big on players ,get up and deal with fall out later ,,, it’s a thought ?

Archived