Lampard too expensive?

Topram

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if someone’s already brought this up but isn’t Frank signed up as a World Cup TV pundit? If he’s out of the country for a month, that’s gonna scupper our pre-season (unless he comes back with Messi) 

5 minutes ago, admira said:

Not sure if someone’s already brought this up but isn’t Frank signed up as a World Cup TV pundit? If he’s out of the country for a month, that’s gonna scupper our pre-season (unless he comes back with Messi) 

4 week all expenses paid,  5 star hotel, scouting mission,won't cost the club owt................sorted!

All joking aside as it seems it might well be Frank but he lives in london and his missus has a baby on the way....is he going to be totally devoted to this job.....I'd like to think he'll be putting in the hours but in truth most footballers don't work that many hours a week...

I'm on nights so only just logged on but where has this theory about Avram Grant come from ??

This morning when i was going home the last thing i remember was Mackworth saying it wont be Lampard ??/ has something changed ???

Mackworth has something changed from what you've heard ??

Probably going to be very unpopular here but...I really don't want Lampard.....I want someone who's guaranteed to put his heart and soul into it....Smith as Warburton doesn't seem to be in the frame at all................

8 minutes ago, Saity said:

Probably going to be very unpopular here but...I really don't want Lampard.....I want someone who's guaranteed to put his heart and soul into it....Smith as Warburton doesn't seem to be in the frame at all................

OUT! GET OUT!!

AND DON'T COME BACK!!!

5 hours ago, Parsnip said:

I nearly had to withdraw my support then but I've checked and Frank Lampard is older than me - so my support is retained.

I've come to accept that I'm older than all the players but i refuse to be older than the manager.

Welcome to my world.

31 minutes ago, Saity said:

'Someone who's guaranteed to put his heart and soul into it'!  You mean a bit like Gary Rowett?  He said that Derby was his 'dream job' and look how that turned out.  I think Frank Lampard will want to be successful at Derby as his future could depend on it.  No more of the same old same old for me!

Frank Lampard’s first managerial job is as crucial for him as it is for us, he flops then it’s game over and back to punditry, if he does well then that means we’re in the big league! I’m warming to his appointment, as long as Harry comes back too. Would still prefer Smith though.

4 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Frank Lampard’s first managerial job is as crucial for him as it is for us, he flops then it’s game over and back to punditry, if he does well then that means we’re in the big league! I’m warming to his appointment, as long as Harry comes back too. Would still prefer Smith though.

If push came to shove I would rather Lampard than a journeyman like Mad Mick but there are plenty of other young Managers like Smith and Cook that I would rather come in for what will be a difficult and pressurised job....

8 minutes ago, TomG said:

'Someone who's guaranteed to put his heart and soul into it'!  You mean a bit like Gary Rowett?  He said that Derby was his 'dream job' and look how that turned out.  I think Frank Lampard will want to be successful at Derby as his future could depend on it.  No more of the same old same old for me!

I didn't like Rowetts style of football it was crap but i did get the impression he worked hard and put the time in...i have no problem with Lampard getting the job as long as he moves nearer and doesn't have too many distractions.....theres plenty of good players who haven't made good managers....Zola for example....all i'm saying is I want someone whos going to put the time in

6 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Think I'd rather Harry stayed away. Shouldn't be anywhere near a football clubs transfer policies!! I think Frank needs to do it his way, Harry's only a call away for a bit of advice if needed.

7 minutes ago, philmycock said:

I do not want arry anywhere near DCFC.....not a good manager and spends money for fun....You could see how lost Harry was at wembley and for the rest of that season when Maclaren left QPR....devoid of ideas and Joey Barton said losing Mac was a massive blow....yes its crucial for him but so was Nevilles at Valencia and Zolas and Shearers who were good players but that doesn't mean a thing....if it doesnt work yes back to punditry.....I want a manager who doesn't have a safety net and will see it as a great job to build something....thats why i'd prefer Smith or Cook or warburton....but just my opinon phil

21 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Take a leap of faith Saity, any manager is a gamble - but this could be great... I want you to start getting excited...

I am parsnip but equally worried because i want whoever it is to put everything into it...not being a pundit or living in london but of course if he got it i'm on board....i'm a vocal fan....that won't change mate 

Archived