Lampard too expensive?

Topram

7 minutes ago, TimRam said:

If going for a job you normally get hired on past experience. What would be on Franks cv to say he could manage a Championship football club? Has he even managed a youth team anywhere? A non-league team? Just a thought.

How would a lot if not the majority of managers have got their first jobs if past experience was the major criteria ? What would our history be like if Hartlepools had said to a young Clough ‘Great interview son but you’ve never managed before so we’ll be going down the old fart that’s been sacked everywhere else route’ 

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, curtains said:

No it’s because Lampard would be crazy really. 

Your mate Rowett has turned out to be a bit of a snake. I can't see why Lampard is a bad choice. It seems popular with the fans and it is an unknown whether it will be a success. None of the others have though.

2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Your mate Rowett has turned out to be a bit of a snake. I can't see why Lampard is a bad choice. It seems popular with the fans and it is an unknown whether it will be a success. None of the others have though.

Snake 

I don’t think so 

Didn’t like his work environment I’d say like having to cut costs and pressure to use academy players that’s all 

Just now, curtains said:

Snake 

I don’t think so 

Didn’t like his work environment I’d say like having to cut costs and pressure to use academy players that’s all 

Didn't like his work environment that much he signed a new contract 4 months before leaving?

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Snake 

I don’t think so 

He knew this when he took the job on. He failed to take us up in his first season. He knew the score. He bailed out because he thinks Stoke have a better chance of going up and their reputation of lumping the ball forward suits his style.

A match made in heaven if you ask me.

3 minutes ago, rynny said:

Didn't like his work environment that much he signed a new contract 4 months before leaving?

That’s before he was told we needed to tighten oor belt and you know it

Fans singing Rowetts name to snake wow. 

19 minutes ago, curtains said:

That’s before he was told we needed to tighten oor belt and you know it

Fans singing Rowetts name to snake wow. 

What's the difference to this from a year ago?

Asked about the possibility of more new signings, Rowett said: "We would like to add but I think the problem with adding at this point is that we have some really good players and to get a player that is going to give us a little bit more than what we have, you are talking about telephone numbers (for fees).

33 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

How would a lot if not the majority of managers have got their first jobs if past experience was the major criteria ? What would our history be like if Hartlepools had said to a young Clough ‘Great interview son but you’ve never managed before so we’ll be going down the old fart that’s been sacked everywhere else route’ 

By doing well as coaches or assistant managers, or starting out at smaller clubs...like Hartlepool's.

36 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Can guarantee one thing though. Even if 100% of fans wanted Frank, and it went pear shaped, fans wouldn't be berating themselves. Just trying to think who a suitable candidate ( to blame) might be.?

18 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

By doing well as coaches or assistant managers, or starting out at smaller clubs...like Hartlepool's.

If I said black you’d say white wouldn’t you ? Remind me where Dalglish (2 league winner titles to his name at least) started off, where was he coach ? what lower league team was that because their name escapes me. 

Don’t even bother replying, I’m up to the back teeth with you.

20 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Can guarantee one thing though. Even if 100% of fans wanted Frank, and it went pear shaped, fans wouldn't be berating themselves. Just trying to think who a suitable candidate ( to blame) might be.?

True but at least he starts with the fans backing. He will be judged on the performance of the team. 

PistoldPete2
57 minutes ago, Gritters said:

He knew this when he took the job on. He failed to take us up in his first season. He knew the score. He bailed out because he thinks Stoke have a better chance of going up and their reputation of lumping the ball forward suits his style.

A match made in heaven if you ask me.

A match made in heaven ? Maybe . The ball will certainly be headed skywards. 

30 minutes ago, Gritters said:

True but at least he starts with the fans backing. He will be judged on the performance of the team. 

Not the whipping boy I envisaged.

2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

You're not allowed to disagree with certain posters, don't you know?!

Sensible comment. Of course, we all hope Frank does well and proves us doubters wrong. We will support him and not start a get him out campaign if early results are poor. When was the last time we had a good start to the season?

4 hours ago, Pearl Ram said:

The point is he started at Hartlepools and worked his way up. He didn't start at the club that finished 26th in the football pyramid.

Archived