Lampard too expensive?

Topram

1 minute ago, needles said:

If he wants a Championship club, he's going to have to accept novice money. I can't imagine cash is a motivating factor for him at this stage. He'll want to be paid market rate, but it won't be megabucks...we haven't got it.

In which case, one would have to assume that Ipswich Town don't pay the 'market rate'

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, needles said:

If he wants a Championship club, he's going to have to accept novice money. I can't imagine cash is a motivating factor for him at this stage. He'll want to be paid market rate, but it won't be megabucks...we haven't got it.

Exactly this.

Nothing about Frank suggests he's driven purely by money. This is a lad who rinsed every last drop out of his natural given ability. Just pay him the going rate and give him the chance to prove his worth.

So the bookies and press have decided that Frank is our new manager. Monday morning Mel calls a press conference to introduce the new man. Drum-roll curtains part and out steps an unknown Scotsman who managed a Scottish lower league team.

As a player in his day Frank probably called the shots where his wages were concerned.  As a brand new, un-proven manager, he can not. There is no way any team is going to pay him any more than the average wage for the division.  

28 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

As a player in his day Frank probably called the shots where his wages were concerned.  As a brand new, un-proven manager, he can not. There is no way any team is going to pay him any more than the average wage for the division.  

That’s not relevant, he’s worth over £30m, money is not his motivation 

8 hours ago, philmycock said:

That’s not relevant, he’s worth over £30m, money is not his motivation 

I don't get your point. I was actually saying as a brand new manager with no proven record he can't expect to demand a high wage based on his status as a player. The fact he has 30 million or 300 million is irrelevant 

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

I don't get your point. I was actually saying as a brand new manager with no proven record he can't expect to demand a high wage based on his status as a player. The fact he has 30 million or 300 million is irrelevant 

Yeah, I get ya, don’t think he’d be asking for much because he’s already minted is what I’m getting at

11 hours ago, europia said:

In which case, one would have to assume that Ipswich Town don't pay the 'market rate'

Or simply that when Frank became aware of our interest, he decided we would be a better option.....

10 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

He would probably say that we'll make back more in increased revenue owing to interest in him as a person. But anyway I can't see the club paying average for anything! The job is salaried at what it is, so whoever gets the job gets the pay. #weisasbigclub Edit: and ya pay peanuts ya get monkeys!

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He would probably say that we'll make back more in increased revenue owing to interest in him as a person. But anyway I can't see the club paying average for anything! The job is salaried at what it is, so whoever gets the job gets the pay. #weisasbigclub Edit: and ya pay peanuts ya get monkeys!

and we sure have had a few monkeys....

If going for a job you normally get hired on past experience. What would be on Franks cv to say he could manage a Championship football club? Has he even managed a youth team anywhere? A non-league team? Just a thought.

1 minute ago, TimRam said:

If going for a job you normally get hired on past experience. What would be on Franks cv to say he could manage a Championship football club? Has he even managed a youth team anywhere? A non-league team? Just a thought.

It’s a circus at Derby 

1 minute ago, TimRam said:

Or you show that you have a transferable skill set. 

Archived